Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MID MOUNT MUFFLER ( MAC-FLOWMASTER ETC) POSSIBLE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 07:14 PM
07torchredgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
Blah to this idea.
Blah to you tomb... Raining on my parade lol!

Well, my take on it is that, if you listen to other cars with flow 40's mounted after the axle they don't sound very aggressive at all, Less so that the american thunders that are pretty tame themselves... Our cars are not even that loud with muffler deletes. The point of the mid mount is so that the car wont drone when going to a loud setup, and the tailpipes wont sputter and rasp as much... An off road prochamber, with some loud mufflers (think imco extreme, mac, or those new aggressive flows released) would sound badass IMO.. IM SURE of it...

I'm sure that a modest drop (I run ultralites) wouldn't be much of an issue, as long as the mufflers arent very big... I didn't know the macs were thicker than the flows...

IM still 100% sure that this idea, when done right, will blow any other sound away.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Originally Posted by 07torchredgt
IM still 100% sure that this idea, when done right, will blow any other sound away.
heres what it sounds like (stock, with flowmaster 40's mounted in the middle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk2fF...e=channel_page

and heres a detailed explanation by the same guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIGls...e=channel_page

flow master super 44s are the same size as these

these videos are better than the ones in the OP
Old 12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
07torchredgt
2nd Gear Member

Yah , sounds great, just too tame for me... Thats my whole point though... That setup, with more aggressive flows= Old school sex.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:57 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

So no videos of the 44's mid mounted?

While I like the hollow sound of the 2V A LOT, I'm still a boomtube believer and will not stray. The boomtube sound is so muscle car and so awesome. I love it. I should have done these 2 years ago.

and his sound clips licked pouch.
LOL...licked pouch. I like that. (edit: I mean the saying not the action, LOL)
Old 12-16-2008, 08:00 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Still a nice rumble though.
If you want louder, there's always the 30 series
Old 12-16-2008, 08:08 PM
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

im going to try the new flowmasters for the stand midmounted when I get a chance..mufflers dont make the sound, the engine does
Old 12-16-2008, 08:19 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

That's why the push rod or even quad cam mills all sound better.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:18 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07torchredgt
Blah to you tomb... Raining on my parade lol!

Well, my take on it is that, if you listen to other cars with flow 40's mounted after the axle they don't sound very aggressive at all, Less so that the american thunders that are pretty tame themselves... Our cars are not even that loud with muffler deletes.

not loud w/ muffler deletes? i beg to differ. i had LT's, o/r x pipe, MBRP deletes and it was way too loud. WOT was deafening, like NASCAR open headers. i like it loud, but that was over the limit. heres what it sounded like.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/m...ust_194597.htm

here it is after putting in the M80's

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/m...old_197972.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/m...r-2_197790.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...eby_197974.htm
Old 12-16-2008, 09:36 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

it can be done and it its done right it can sound great
Old 12-16-2008, 09:47 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
Blah to this idea.

1morepart hyped this up like no other and his sound clips licked pouch. The reason he didnt post any other vids is because its not as bad *** as he claimed I garuntee it u could tell in the video clip, he posted 2 of them before and removed one of them, In the one vid he removed he reved the car up to about 5 grand and it wasnt aggressive at all or as hollow as what he claimed. Then next video he posted he didnt even rev it past 3 grand it remotly sounds like it at idle but anything over 3 grand it wasnt even close.

His sound clips are viewable in HD so I know for a fact that the sound is not far off, you can listen to other new edges etc online and they own that set up , BIG FAIL IMO.

The mac mufflers are huge so I dont see it happening even then it still wont sound that much diff, maybe at idle but these cars after 3 grand dont rev like any other mustang from what I have noticed.

And if you plan on keeping the giant wheel gap on your car for ever then sure this may be up your alley but if you plan to lower good luck.
you have to be the biggest moron on this entire forum. yes, i did "hype" this set-up, because it is bad *** and i am the only one to do it catless!!!!!! you and all your posts are a BIG FAIL IMO. i am 1morepart, and you don't know what the f' you are talking about. i will posts new vids, but i am working on my c5 right now.....so, in the meantime, STFU...also, it can be done and has been on a 2" drop.....no scrub

Quick Reply: MID MOUNT MUFFLER ( MAC-FLOWMASTER ETC) POSSIBLE!!!