Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security options

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Robs05gtvert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Security options

how many amps to kill this thread?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:09 PM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

Ahh, your right. My ADD kicking in again I missed that part of your post. I think we're both saying the same thing.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:19 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mrbmp

Volts DO matter
I would ask for your tuition refund.

A trillion amps at 24 v could not even be felt, much less kill.
Go back to school rookie

If I could I would get my refund.. they screwed me and many others over .. one of my final projects in ITT was to create a shortwave radio from scratch. I slapped together a frys kit and made a radio.. when the teacher came by to see my project I was sacred because I knew it didnt work worth sheet and I was flipping through the dial and I hit a local spanish station!! I told him that is was one of the popular stations in mexico.. hahaha.. he bought it and gave me an A !!!! HAHAHAH.. That was the ONLY station I got!!!.. talk about damn luck..
Old 06-03-2005, 05:40 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

well just so ya know, if you electrify your car and some kid or old person touches it you would be in for a world of trouble. Even if a crook touched it inside your garage you can be sued for lots of $$$.
Your best bet is to make your Mustang the worst choice for a car thief. Get a good, reliable alarm, use it all the time, and maybe Lo-Jack. Get the Auto-Lock. If possible chain a tire to something immobile. Use a locking car cover. Do what you can but don't be irresponsible. I have seen cases where crooks have sued after being hurt by an owner who was portecting his property by using lethal force. Do you really want to go through the hassle of being carged with a felony, having to appear in court and pay a lawyer? The left wingers have given the courts over to the bad guys! Don't take that chance! And if you ever cross that line a take out a crook, it's better to drop the body down a manhole than to call 911!
Welcome to the upside down world of criminal law!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:27 AM
mrbmp
I ♥ Acer

Welcome to the upside down world of criminal law!
I'll have to agree....

An alarm might be somewhat effective if you are near it, how many times have you heard a car alarm going off and not even looked?

I installed an autopage 2-way remote start/ keyless entry/ alarm on my wifes truck, mostly for the remote start feature.
It has an LCD key fob which tells you the status of the vehicle, tells you if someone bumped it or if a door or trunk/hood is open even the inside temp.
every time you lock/unlock it by remote it sends a signal and the fob beeps to tell you the alarm heard you.
same thing when you start the engine, then a few seconds later it tell you if it started sucessfully.
Plus many more features like auto start when it reaches a certain temp etc...

You can find them on ebay for about 180.00. Unless you are very good at wiring/ soldering/ splicing dont even try it, I have installed several for friends and it always takes a few hours and usually a liittle cursing. Luckily, it looks like the mustang has most of the wires in one place,in the SJB (smart junction box) behind the RH kick panel and the ignition switch.

Since the car has a transponder key you would either have to :
A- leave a key in the ingition
or
B- buy the module for that feature and buy another transponder key to place near the module.

If you are in a real high crime area, a lo jack and/ or large cable thru a wheel might slow them down.
If they want it, nothing will stop them. Except maybe a 12 ga, but then you get into the problem above.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:51 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

your right.. the damn liberals are screwing this county into the ground.. they wont be happy till we are like canada. (not to knock the people). anyway, thats why you have to make sure the person that tries to take your car dont make it out alive.. cant sue if your 6 feet under
Old 06-04-2005, 03:13 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I have what I believe is a dealer installed alarm and what I don't like is that there's no flashing red diode up on the dash for passers-by to see. There's a flashing red lock icon in the instrument gauge with all the idiot lights but its effect as a deterrent is nil!
And to make things worse, I park just off an alley and every morning when the trash trucks roll by or stop the engines set off my alarm! Have to keep the second remotes atthe head of my bed. I turn over, grab the remote, point it downstairs to my parking space 3 stories below me and turn it off then back on!
Welcome to apartment living!
Old 06-07-2005, 02:50 PM
PeteLewis67

I installed this: http://www.mymobileguardian.com/

Theft Notification
Should your vehicle become stolen, users can receive notification via any e-mail enabled device.

Vehicle Recovery
Upon receiving the theft notification message, users can send a signal to their vehicle to prevent it from being restarted. The vehicle will not be disabled while in motion. By simply logging into the MobileGuardianâ„¢ secured site with the user-designated ID and password. MobileGuardianâ„¢ customers just click to prevent thieves from further movement of their vehicle.

Nationwide Coverage
MobileGuardianâ„¢ utilizes a nationwide wireless data network. This gives you the confidence that no matter where your vehicle is removed from or wherever it may be found, the unit will be able to transmit its location data.

Great Web Interface
• Purchase "Locates"
• Configure notification options
• View recent location and notification histories
• Disable and enable vehicle

Insurance Discounts
Most skilled chop shop operators can surgically strip a car in less than 30 minutes. The sooner stolen vehicles are recovered, the less loss is incurred. Many states currently offer substantial discounts for anti-theft, vehicle recovery products. Contact your local agent for more information.

No Monthly Fees
You will pay no monthly fees. That means no recurring bills showing up in the mail each month. Just set up your account and it will be there when you need it!

On-Demand Locates
Unlike other vehicle recovery or concierge services, MobileGuardianâ„¢ allows owners to purchase "locates" for their car. Through the MobileGuardianâ„¢ Website, users are able to page the unit and view street level location data.