Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about current employee pricing deal

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 04:32 PM
cugrad

Well, went by my dealer and it turns out this is all a moot point. Apparently all 09 premiums come with sat radio, and therefore come w/ that ugly wart on the trunk lid. No 09 GT for me then. Thanks Ford for your lack of attention to detail.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:40 PM
HDmstng
1st Gear Member

Is there the 0% financing as well?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:04 PM
sugarandopium
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cugrad
Well, went by my dealer and it turns out this is all a moot point. Apparently all 09 premiums come with sat radio, and therefore come w/ that ugly wart on the trunk lid. No 09 GT for me then. Thanks Ford for your lack of attention to detail.
That's what that is!!!!!!!!!!!!?

regarding above in this thread, they did the same thing with me, kept upping the tradein offer, now's deff the time if you have cash and a tradein!!
They took 2 cars off my hands for more than I would have gotten selling them privately ontop of the employee price and 2008 rebate!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:01 PM
IceDemon

Originally Posted by Shelby_Daytona
To whoever posted this, Ford doesn't pay for 'Free Tires, Free Oil Changes, Free Gap Insurance, Free Warranty', if there is only $633.28 to make on a deal, how can the dealership throw in all that stuff, because it may be 'free' to the customer but it still costs us, the only time a dealership will do that is when they make huge money on you, and have the room to do so. Think about that next time they throw everything in for 'free'. Nobody is in business to lose money.
I wasn't trying to tell him to ask for "all of that", but to ask for something if he doesn't have a trade in to work with and I was just giving examples.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Eldo In The Weeds

I spent 1/2 a day in the dealership today. They gave me the employee discount and the rebate for sure, but they offered me $10500 on a car I owe $18000 on so I didn't do the deal. I thought they were just playing hard ball but they let me walk away from the deal.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:27 AM
IceDemon

Originally Posted by Eldo In The Weeds
I spent 1/2 a day in the dealership today. They gave me the employee discount and the rebate for sure, but they offered me $10500 on a car I owe $18000 on so I didn't do the deal. I thought they were just playing hard ball but they let me walk away from the deal.
What is the year, make and mileage of the VW your trying to trade in? I owed $18k on the Altima I traded in. They had offered $10k at first (which is the normal trade-in value), but gave me $16k in the end. I had a $2k loss, but I wouldn't of been able to sell the Altima for more then $16k anyway.

Try several different dealerships. You might just be out of luck, especially if there are not many dealerships in your area. I have had dealerships that let you just walk away and others that call and call until a price is agreed on.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Eldo In The Weeds

Originally Posted by IceDemon
What is the year, make and mileage of the VW your trying to trade in? I owed $18k on the Altima I traded in. They had offered $10k at first (which is the normal trade-in value), but gave me $16k in the end. I had a $2k loss, but I wouldn't of been able to sell the Altima for more then $16k anyway.

Try several different dealerships. You might just be out of luck, especially if there are not many dealerships in your area. I have had dealerships that let you just walk away and others that call and call until a price is agreed on.

Its an 06 Jetta TDI. The killer is that it has 70,000 miles. There are a bunch of dealers in my area, but not many that have 08's (I want the rebate). If they had offered me $16k for the jetta, I would have a red stand in the garage this morning.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:20 AM
IceDemon

Originally Posted by Eldo In The Weeds
Its an 06 Jetta TDI. The killer is that it has 70,000 miles. There are a bunch of dealers in my area, but not many that have 08's (I want the rebate). If they had offered me $16k for the jetta, I would have a red stand in the garage this morning.

At nadaguides.com it shows the trade in value as between $14k to $17k depending on the shape of the car. Blue Book kbb.com had it between $11k to $14k.

I bought a 09 and they gave me the Employee priceing deal. I'd shop around and see if you can get at least $15k for the trade-in (depending on the shape of your car though).
Old 12-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Eldo In The Weeds

Originally Posted by IceDemon
At nadaguides.com it shows the trade in value as between $14k to $17k depending on the shape of the car. Blue Book kbb.com had it between $11k to $14k.

I bought a 09 and they gave me the Employee priceing deal. I'd shop around and see if you can get at least $15k for the trade-in (depending on the shape of your car though).
The NADA guide (and the others) are high when they list market/trade-in value. Dealers have cars like mine on the lot for +/- $19000. It would be tough for a dealer to give me $15k trade in. (I would do a happy dance if they did.)