Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendation for a New Engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 03:19 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Default Recommendation for a New Engine

hey guys,
in a couple months i am gunna have the money for a new engine, and its a big step so i want to do plenty of research before making my decision. i want to jump more then the 4.6 and was thinking about a 5.0, possibly bigger, id like to stay under 9 thousand dollars for this. i have been debating whether to retire my Mustang from being my Daily Driver car and using my VW bus for my Daily Driver car. if i decide that and just use my mustang for joy and weekends, then i dont care how big a engine i shove in there. whats ur guys opinion on a good engine i could put in for 9 grand. i am fully aware that many other components must be replaced to make an engine this big work in a V6 body. but il worry about that when the time comes, iv got nothing but time.
THANKS GUYS!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:14 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

For 9K contact Eagle Stroker for details on his build!.... I would shoot for the 5.0L and cams and FI....but thats just me!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:37 AM
jjmz71

Originally Posted by Red Beast
hey guys,
in a couple months i am gunna have the money for a new engine, and its a big step so i want to do plenty of research before making my decision. i want to jump more then the 4.6 and was thinking about a 5.0, possibly bigger, id like to stay under 9 thousand dollars for this. i have been debating whether to retire my Mustang from being my Daily Driver car and using my VW bus for my Daily Driver car. if i decide that and just use my mustang for joy and weekends, then i dont care how big a engine i shove in there. whats ur guys opinion on a good engine i could put in for 9 grand. i am fully aware that many other components must be replaced to make an engine this big work in a V6 body. but il worry about that when the time comes, iv got nothing but time.
THANKS GUYS!
I'm going with Livernois; these guys are second to none as far as quality and attention to detail in my opinion. If your plans are to hang a blower on it then you will need forged if you want to put down more than 500rwhp and have it last. You can get a complete 4.6 3V create motor from FRPP for about $6000.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...t.phtml?p=1550
Old 01-25-2009, 10:13 AM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

i dont know about the pricing but im thinking jump to the 5.4 if its within range, contact either buckman or rygenstormlocke they both went from v6 to 5.4
Old 01-25-2009, 10:32 AM
eric6913
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Beast
hey guys,
THANKS GUYS!
for that kind of a swap i hope your installing it yourself or you have more money coming soon.....
Old 01-25-2009, 12:36 PM
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

get a dssracing 5.3L 323. It uses the new boss block.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:33 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

old 460 block polish her up heads cams intake and a BIG SHOEHORNE!!! it will fit with custom headers.. Been thinking of it myself
Old 01-25-2009, 01:50 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
For 9K contact Eagle Stroker for details on his build!.... I would shoot for the 5.0L and cams and FI....but thats just me!
Thanks for the shout out man. The way I see it you have a few really great options for that kind of money.

1) Get any kind of 4.6 block and stroke it, blow it, heads and cams and call it a day. I'm using the stocker but if yours is a 6 banger price is the only thing that will limit your options!
http://s347.photobucket.com/albums/p...rrent=HPTV.flv

2) Find a 3v 5.4 out of an F150 and go crazy with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz6W49_pXNU

3) Try to track down a totaled GT500 - will be hard BUT well worth your while.

4) If you didn't want to keep all the electronics, a build up on a carb motor would be the easiest swap as far as electronics go but you'd be giving up a lot of Fuel Injected benefits. Would be the cheapest option by far but I would go with one of the other 3 given the choice.

If I can be any help just let me know!
Old 01-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

i wanna say i saw a sick twin turbo'd 5.4 for $10k somewhere but i dont know anything about it other then it looked like a beast. if i find any info ill let you know, but in my opinion twin turbo is the way to go!
Old 01-25-2009, 01:56 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
i wanna say i saw a sick twin turbo'd 5.4 for $10k somewhere but i dont know anything about it other then it looked like a beast. if i find any info ill let you know, but in my opinion twin turbo is the way to go!
Check out the 3v 5.4 I posted

Quick Reply: Recommendation for a New Engine