Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WindshieldWasher Relocation Kit

Old 02-06-2009, 06:09 PM
jvecero3
2nd Gear Member

Default WindshieldWasher Relocation Kit

I found a relocation kit that moves your nozzles from the hood to the wipers themselves for less than 60 bucks. I'm interested, because one thing I hate is to wash my car, then the first time I use the washer fluid, it ends up streaking across the hood.

My question is this....Has anyone purchased these? How well do they work? More importantly, has anyone installed them themselves and how easy/difficult was it to do? Any advice?

Thanks Guys.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:14 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I looked everywhere in my computer for this write up I posted over a year ago. Couldnt find the original so I'm re-posting it. Its a great setup for people who are running with an aftermarket hood and don't want to drill in the new hood to mount the ugly squirter nozzles, and the nozzle from Ford seems to work the best. Great spray and an OEM part, off of the rear of an Explorer.

Part# F87Z17603AA

Install Procedure
1. Locate washer hose under the hood.
2. Remove both wiper arms.
3. Remove the hood cowl by simply lifting off.
4. Add a 1/8" x 1/8" x 3/16" T fitting to the supply line. (3/16" side goes to reservoir side and the 1/8" will go to the wiper arm side)
5. Run the new 1/8" hose from the driver side wiper attachment down through the wiper arm hole in the cowl and to the 1/8" end of the 'T'. Repeat for Passenger side.
6. Put everything back on except the wiper arms.
7. Fish the hoses through the spring of the backside of the wiper arms, fill the casting pocket of the back side of the wiper arms with silicone. Push the hose into the silicone filled pocket and secure with a zip tie until dry.
8. Reattach the wiper arms.
9. Slip nozzles onto the wiper arm and cut hose to length and attach.

You can get these parts from most auto supply houses like Pep Boys, Autozone, etc.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:47 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I have that kit which I bought from CDC for $58 plus shipping (at some point after CDC themselves didn't know what they were doing and have since figured it out). I believe the nozzle MY mentioned is the same part CDC uses. It works well.

And you'd come out way cheaper buying those parts, tubing, t-connectors, etc yourself.

BTW, I didn't follow CDC's instructions either. Do not drill a whole in your cowl cover like CDC says. You can run the tubing through the same holes the wiper arms use.

I also did not use their adhesive hose clips. Instead, I got some thin black tie-wraps and tie-wrapped the hose to the slots in the cowl. Its up under the end of the hood & doesn't show. I also put some tie wrap around the wiper arms. to hole the tubing under the wiper arms.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. It looks clean and cover the windshield well.