Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Alarm Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:12 PM
perfect storm
1st Gear Member

Default Car Alarm Help

My 08 GT has a dealer installed alarm which is set way too sensitive. It does not have an interior sensor. Every time a garbage truck or loud exhaust is near by, the alarm goes off. Needless to say it's driving me nuts.

There is an over ride button under the passenger dash. I can't seem to find the right instructions to adjust the sensitivity. This is what I have found so far:

Changing the Shock Sensor (IT-s) settings:
Your PowerCode systems IT-s sensitivity settings can be tailored to your individual requirements. Your installer at the time of installation has set your IT-s to a medium sensitivity. To make your systems IT-s either more or less sensitive, follow these steps:
1. Follow the instructions on the previous page to put your system in transmitter learn mode.
2. Press and release the programming/override button
The system will chirp the horn four times to acknowledge the system in option
settings mode.
3. Press* (ALARM/HORN) the button on your PowerCode remote control transmitter one time. The system will chirp the horn one time. Your “Lite-touch” sensitivity can now be increased by pressing* (LOCK) the
button on your PowerCode remote control transmitter or decreased by pressing* (UNLOCK) the on your PowerCode remote
control transmitter. The system chirps the horn one time each time either
button is pressed.
4. Press* (ALARM/HORN) the
button on your PowerCode remote control transmitter one time.
The system will chirp the horn two times. Your “Full shock” sensitivity can now be increased by pressing*(LOCK) the button on your PowerCode remote control transmitter or decreased by pressing*(UNLOCK) the
on your PowerCode remote control transmitter. The system chirps the horn one time each time either button is pressed.
5. Turn the ignition key off to exit programming mode and save settings.
After changing your shock sensor settings, it is recommended that you arm your
security system and double check your settings. A setting too high can cause the
system to “false alarm”. Conversely, a setting too low could prevent the system from
adequately protecting your vehicle.

I can set the alarm to "learn" mode w/ the 4 chirps but the settings options will not come up. If I can enter this option mode, I can also successfully take the alarm off of chirp mode (silent mode).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:47 PM
GTorangeGT
1st Gear Member

on my shock sensor there is a **** where you can turn it to min max? didn't read anything you wrote but maybe thats it haha? it pissed me off to...