Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 03:11 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

sorry, but had to add something.. as in sound, imagine if you detached the exhaust system from the headers down. That's how it'll sound like. I'd imagine I'll sound like a full blown race car with the right cams.

(-:

I'd advise you only open it for race nights/days only, because for daily driving it can be pretty insane. Though I did drive with mine open all the time just for shiets and giggles...
Old 04-25-2009, 03:00 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

.. well, I finally bit the bullet and am getting them installed now. They are so fat that they may be a clearance problem but they are gonna be angled as much as possible without obstructing the fitment too much or messing with ground clearance (speed bumps, deep parking lots etc.)

.. getting it back within a few hours. Mated with the new 4.10s/race tune ,pretty sure this will prove to be the 'best potent budget set up' that nets me a 13s flat this season.

noice.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:20 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

DAMN! Shiet is loud. lol.

Okay, so it didn't gain as much power as I thought it would, though the sounds is friggin' awesome.. it's loud, it rumbles and sounds like a real muscle car finally.

It's a good mod if you want ridiculous sound, but if you want something subtle and deeper, I wouldn't get it. Low end torque isn't effected too much, though I have 4.10s.

Great power gain overall, though it feels really only like 2-3 whp. It's noticable but nothing spectacular.

Fitment was great and no clearance issues at all. Removing the cap is a breeze and so is getting it of.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:38 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

One of my buddies told me he got em and LOVES em. I plan on getting the manual ones. A quick lift is only 3 mins.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:15 AM
doode
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
DAMN! Shiet is loud. lol.

Okay, so it didn't gain as much power as I thought it would, though the sounds is friggin' awesome.. it's loud, it rumbles and sounds like a real muscle car finally.

It's a good mod if you want ridiculous sound, but if you want something subtle and deeper, I wouldn't get it. Low end torque isn't effected too much, though I have 4.10s.

Great power gain overall, though it feels really only like 2-3 whp. It's noticable but nothing spectacular.

Fitment was great and no clearance issues at all. Removing the cap is a breeze and so is getting it of.
VIDS !

Thanks
Old 04-26-2009, 05:03 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I will once I get a proper digital camera...

the sound is simply ridiculously loud. I closed them up as soon as I got home and will only open them up for the weekends or track day. It becomes obnoxious after awhile, not to mention it rattles the whole floor panel right under the seat! lol..
Old 04-26-2009, 05:32 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RVD6...eature=related

not my car but this is exactly how it sounds like.. minus the pause between shifts.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:50 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
lol trust me. On my old car ( stage 2 dodge neon srt-4) it was night and day, it increased my top end so much that it was nearly a different car. I have full confidence it'll do the same for the GT. I'd expect to loose some low end torque with both the cut outs and the race delete plates, but with the 4.10s and high stall converter I won't be missing out on much- especially with my primary concern with having as much hp as possible during WOT ( on a budget at least lol)

I have a strong belief that coupled with the 4.10s and race plates, it'll have such a strong power band up top that it'll feel like I freed up so much more hp, not from the sound but because it's that much freer flowing with nearly zero restriction.

I still have to wait and see but i am pretty confident with them.

(-:

as far as how loud it is.. it's LOUD. OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD... vids do it no justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJFmG...eature=related

^ electric cut outs, but they sound the same...
You're gonna compare a turbo inline 4 to a NA V8? The turbo in the SRT loves no backpressure so it can spool and build boost. IN a V8 you need some back pressure. An exhaust on a NA motor is not gonna make nearly as much HP as on a turbo. LT's are just about the most effective thing you can do to a NA motor. Glad to hear you like the cut-outs though.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

yeah, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I was gonna be- especially from a 45ish roll, but definetely in the midrange and up top it gained a noticable amount of HP...

the sound is bad *** though!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

I bet its very very loud with those open huh? Im running straight pipes all the way back, and ive taken my mufflers off a couple of times and its VERY loud. Lol! It would sound mean as **** with some aftermarket cams...

Last edited by whtcanbrwnd04u; 04-26-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust cutouts