Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of hood pins on GTS(or 3) hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 09:02 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I dont use the the lanyards on my set up. not sure where u can get them but the shelby kit comes with it.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:57 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

i had my lanyards still from the shelby setup. i never used them. i think i just tossed one in the trash yesterday haha. i would have let you have them if you wanted them. Good work on that video tombstang. Bet a lot of people are wondering how to get those hood pins to work on these hoods.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:16 PM
sharkbait20
2nd Gear Member

if you put the pins thru the rubber hood stops would it not line up right with the curves of the hood?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:20 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

what do you mean the rubber hood stops? there are only a couple of spots you can put them on these hoods. if you try and place them in the front it will line up with the line of the front hood openings and it won't work.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:51 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I know what u mean the rubber stops but u dont need to if u look beside them u see the hole to use instead. watch the viud and u will see
Old 02-23-2009, 10:56 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

oh you mean the hood stops. got you. yeah right beside those there is a hole already there for some reason that fits the pins perfectly! can't beat that.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:59 PM
sharkbait20
2nd Gear Member

yeah, i watched both of your videos tombstang (and actually peopl ehave been referrring me to you about what color stripes i should put on my alloy). im only saying that i have seen others with the GTS hood that put the pins all up through the hole where the hood stops are (and up thru the rubber hood stops themselves) and am wondering if A) that would be easier to do, and B) if it would come up through where the hood starts to dip up (confusing? sorry)
Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sharkbait20
yeah, i watched both of your videos tombstang (and actually peopl ehave been referrring me to you about what color stripes i should put on my alloy). im only saying that i have seen others with the GTS hood that put the pins all up through the hole where the hood stops are (and up thru the rubber hood stops themselves) and am wondering if A) that would be easier to do, and B) if it would come up through where the hood starts to dip up (confusing? sorry)
Gotcha, well I dunno if it will be easier I dont think it will be much harder but then u dont have to drill out your rubber stop or anything. I am not sure if I would like the placement on the top side of the hood though. The way this hood is I dont see them goign anywher eelse really.

lol @ people reffering you to me? I think you should get what color of stripes you want on ya stang I would tell you the obvious of my style is flat black....Paint your hole car flat black and even your windows lol
Old 02-23-2009, 11:59 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

haha i'm stealing that idea! flat black windows! just what i need!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 AM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

yeah i used the stoppers, its not much of a different from the others and it was easy to install from there.... i guess i just gotta play with it and bend them to get it to work. anyone have those lanyards? ill take em i think they look cool.

Quick Reply: Pics of hood pins on GTS(or 3) hood