Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear blackout panel

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 07:05 AM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the responses guys, a few more questions:

1 - For those of you with the magnetic panel, what keeps someone from stealing it? (We, within the last year, bought our first new home in a nice neighborhood, but since we moved in my mustang has been egged and we had someone ringing our doorbell at 2AM on the weekend a few times) Im not sure I want something that could easily be stolen as i'm already about to sit outside in the bushes with my 12 gauge and wait to scare the crap out of someone (and do some hard time with my luck...LOL). If something got stolen off my car, that might push me over the edge ...LOL

2 - For those of you with the vinyl, is the installation the same as tinting a window (water with baby shampoo and a squeegee/hairdryer application)? I tinted windows in a former life and am very familiar with that process...

I've narrowed my decision down to either a flat black vinyl application, or the GTS/XENON rear panel, based on the possibility of someone being able to steal the magnetic one unless someone tells me otherwise.

TIA

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 03-13-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Thanks for all the responses guys, a few more questions:

1 - For those of you with the magnetic panel, what keeps someone from stealing it? (We, within the last year, bought our first new home in a nice neighborhood, but since we moved in my mustang has been egged and we had someone ringing our doorbell at 2AM on the weekend a few times) Im not sure I want something that could easily be stolen as i'm already about to sit outside in the bushes with my 12 gauge and wait to scare the crap out of someone (and do some hard time with my luck...LOL). If something got stolen off my car, that might push me over the edge ...LOL

2 - For those of you with the vinyl, is the installation the same as tinting a window (water with baby shampoo and a squeegee/hairdryer application)? I tinted windows in a former life and am very familiar with that process...

I'm narrowed my decision down to either a flat black vinyl application, or the GTS/XENON rear panel, based on the possibility of someone being able to steal the magnetic one unless someone tells me otherwise.

TIA

No one will steal it b/c outside of the Mustang community no one will know that it isn't permanently affixed. Don't get the Xenon ones, they look like absolute crap even when they are brand new, and when they get scratched, forget about it.

Last edited by Ato; 03-13-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN

yes, its exactly the same, except you dont really need the hairdryer

you wont regret it
Old 03-13-2009, 01:24 PM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ato
Don't get the Xenon ones, they look like absolute crap even when they are brand new, and why they get scratched, forget about it.
Anyone else got this one who can confirm or deny the issue with scratches?????
Old 03-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Oops, meant to say when they get scratches not why they get scratches.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

dont get vinyl they are cheep save up a little and get either a magnetic or stick on.