Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First thread, new member

Old 03-18-2009, 03:50 AM
teejay76
1st Gear Member

Default First thread, new member

For the several month's I've been on this forum reading threads and gathering info on mods I want to acquire for my 08 Mustang GT I purchased from Galpin Ford back in Sept.

I'm currently waiting for the arrival of shorty headers, udp's, and cmdp that I recently purchased. I plan on doing the install of these mod's myself as soon as I can find the extra time. Will post a video after the install if anybody interested.

My next mods on the to get list are somewhat undecided regarding suspension but I'm leaning a little toward the Koni yellow's (struts) and the Steeda G trac stage 1kit from Stangsuspensions and LCA's. My car is a DD (80 mile round trip commute) and just looking for better handling.

I currently have the 17in chrome Bullits and will upgrade to 20in. rims but I'm undecided on these as well.

Any suggestions welcome!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:00 AM
ICIBUY
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum! Well Im not sure what you get with the track stage 1 kit but you said you had a DD and if you dont plan on going to the track every weekend you may not need that kit. I have the Koni yellows, Eibach pro springs, adjustable PHB, Steeda HD upper strut plates, & I also have 20" rims and I dont think my car rides much stiffer now than it did stock! And it handles great... very reponsive! You may want to do a little more research on suspension setups before you buy anything as there is so much out there for every kind of driver! Good luck!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm not a fan of 20" wheels as I think they rob some power, compromise handling and just don't maintain the Stang's retro loook. But that's my 2 cents...

Looking forward to your follow-ups on your installs!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:48 PM
teejay76
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum! Well Im not sure what you get with the track stage 1 kit but you said you had a DD and if you dont plan on going to the track every weekend you may not need that kit. I have the Koni yellows, Eibach pro springs, adjustable PHB, Steeda HD upper strut plates, & I also have 20" rims and I dont think my car rides much stiffer now than it did stock! And it handles great... very reponsive! You may want to do a little more research on suspension setups before you buy anything as there is so much out there for every kind of driver! Good luck!

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. The first thought I had when I purchased my Mustang was this car needs better suspension. I've been gathering info on different setups from this website any others as well, but I'm still undecided. That's why I'm still researching & seeking opinions from members on there experiences from their setups. Although I probably wont be visiting a track any time soon, I want my car to perform & handle like it's going to.