Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

damn ford mechanics....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:59 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Oh, and Shoey, that's a buncha BS ya got right there. No need to apologize for the rant. You go 'head and rant away.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

I don't know guys, unfortunately I don't have the time or equipment to do my own oil changes, I know I'm probably going to be ripped apart, but I have to say I go to one of the best Ford dealers on Long Island with both my Mustang and My F150 and when I had a mechanical problem it was repaired right the first time. I go there for my oil changes and knowing how I keep my vehicles they really do everything they can do to keep me satisfied. I'm sure I just jinxed myself for my next service visit, but you can see that they treat all vehicles with great care. And for such a large dealership, probably the largest on Long Island, there service is great. When I had the oil changed the first time in my Mustang and I told them I wanted synthetic oil, they actually called me into the shop, showing me sealed containers and them pouring the oil into my car, I didn't even ask for them to do that and that was in the back of my mind when I told them I wanted synthetic, I was thinking they would put regular oil in and charge me for synthetic, but they didn't. I am sure not all dealers are the same, and they can screw up sometimes, but so far they have been great. I took my wifes $45000.00 Odyssey to the Honda dealership to leave it there for the day so a rep could look at a paint issue, to get a phone call that the mechanic shattered my windshield when they replaced some defective wiper blades, that was 5 months ago, they still haven't satisfied me, it needs to be replaced again, the new one was all scratched. So, things do happen.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:28 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

that really sucks man glad you found it sooner then later
Old 03-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Shoey knows I wasn't ripping him... And not everyone feels comfortable or even can do their own oil changes. But working at a dealership and having a lift at your disposal AND a way to dispose of the oil...? OK, Shoey, after thinking about it, I'm rippin' ya', my friend (in a good way, if you know what I mean)! Absolutely, your choice to handle it however you see fit.

As far as dealerships, there are some that are great and others that should be forced out of business. If you find the former, you're living right.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:28 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Wait, you work at a dealership so you can just put it up on the lift and DIY. Damn, too easy! And you don't have to dispose of the oil on your own. Man, I'm ashamed of you. LOL!
lol. i know huh. samething the tech, that does all my oil changes and other little things and if i ever lower it he will do that too, said.
it was just so convenient to use the dealer. i was out gettin my haircut on a saturday when i saw i was a over the miles for a oil change and knew i was going over 650 miles the following weekend so figured kill two birds with one stone. MISTAKE....
and never again. bad thing is that i used to work for the dealer that did the oil change. and still know people there. including the owner. the reason i am going up there tomorrow. to talk to him. i dont want anything. just that he should know that i wont be coming back bc of this. i be really pissed if that damn plug would have vibrated itself out and i ended ruining a motor, bc all the oil came out while on the road. but hey that is what warranty is for.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Shoey knows I wasn't ripping him... And not everyone feels comfortable or even can do their own oil changes. But working at a dealership and having a lift at your disposal AND a way to dispose of the oil...? OK, Shoey, after thinking about it, I'm rippin' ya', my friend (in a good way, if you know what I mean)! Absolutely, your choice to handle it however you see fit.

As far as dealerships, there are some that are great and others that should be forced out of business. If you find the former, you're living right.
lmao thanks rick. lol... i know what you mean.
i wish i could find one.....oh yeah i work at a good one.

from now on i swear to only have all non warranty work (oil changes, r&b, alignments, ect) done at dealer that i work. unless its free no more going to a ford dealer to do any work
Old 03-20-2009, 07:53 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

So, things do happen.[/QUOTE]

yes sir they do. and bc i work at a dealer i understand that and havent gotten to mad over all this. tell you story:
a lady came in for a service on her rover and we do it and get it washed and pulled up front. she signs for the bill and leaves. within 10 minutes she calls the dealership saying her truck is knocking. oh boy... come to find out the tech had forgot to put in the oil or the oil filler wasnt ever turned on when he went to put in the bulk oil out of the big pump from the back. she was cool about though. understood what happened. and has been back since.

yeah a big oh **** went thru the shop when the tech heard it pull back into the shop. brand new car just a few months old
Old 03-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shoeys08dkcandygt
i be really pissed if that damn plug would have vibrated itself out and i ended ruining a motor, bc all the oil came out while on the road. but hey that is what warranty is for.
I kind of wonder whether that is what the warranty is for. The warranty is with Ford Motor Company for defects because of something they did wrong, not because a dealer messed up.

Nonetheless, I feel more secure taking my car to a Ford dealer, particularly during the warranty period. I figure that if a Ford dealer causes damage to the vehicle, Ford will see that the matter is resolved in a satisfactory manner, even if it is not a warranty issue. Ford can always take away the dealer's franchise, although that might be a blessing to the dealer in today's economy.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:35 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Art161
I kind of wonder whether that is what the warranty is for. The warranty is with Ford Motor Company for defects because of something they did wrong, not because a dealer messed up.

Nonetheless, I feel more secure taking my car to a Ford dealer, particularly during the warranty period. I figure that if a Ford dealer causes damage to the vehicle, Ford will see that the matter is resolved in a satisfactory manner, even if it is not a warranty issue. Ford can always take away the dealer's franchise, although that might be a blessing to the dealer in today's economy.
true. i thats why i was doing the oil changes there. hell if there was a way i could get the dealer to let my techs do all my warranty work too i would. only because i could watch the work being done right.
but i can save myself $20 and just buy the oil and filter from oreilly's, at cost bc i work a dealer who gets parts from the all day. and i guess i need to learn how to do the basic things on my car and quit paying someone else to do it and maybe f*** it up.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Metal man
2nd Gear Member

I had just the opposite. My dealer put my drain plug in with a inpact wrench!!! When I chainged my oil 3000 miles later thats when I found out! F the dealer.

Quick Reply: damn ford mechanics....