Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I take the 05 GT???

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 08:04 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Should I take the 05 GT???

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT
Have to disagree:

1. Buy the 05 coupe for himself.
2. Buy the 06 vert for his wife.
3. Trade in the 05 coupe for the 07 Shelby.

That way he gets what he wants and keeps the wife happy at the same time. I bet his gut instinct is to get the 05 coupe and he does. I think we need a poll on what he decides to get.
While I do very much agree with your logic. Who is to say that any of us common folk are going to be able to get the 07. If Ford does like they are saying and limit the production it is going to end up being a very overpriced toy for some business exec somewhere right beside his Ford GT.

I think your right about that look at the ford GT people are bidding to get those things the shelby might not be a Ford GT but it is going to be a very hot car that more people can afford with less production you probably won't be able to touch one.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:05 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT
Have to disagree:

1. Buy the 05 coupe for himself.
2. Buy the 06 vert for his wife.
3. Trade in the 05 coupe for the 07 Shelby.

That way he gets what he wants and keeps the wife happy at the same time. I bet his gut instinct is to get the 05 coupe and he does. I think we need a poll on what he decides to get.
While I do very much agree with your logic. Who is to say that any of us common folk are going to be able to get the 07. If Ford does like they are saying and limit the production it is going to end up being a very overpriced toy for some business exec somewhere right beside his Ford GT.
LOL...you guys are awesome...passionate about this car...and it is rubbing off on me Well I went to do the coupe deal and what do ya know? The dealer backed down on their numbers and wanted sticker - I guess they thought I was desperate. I told them I wasnt interested...oh well (sigh).

Listening to some of the comments on this thread have made me think about changing the 06 order to a coupe though....hmmm.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:29 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

You definitely have more patience than me.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:55 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

What I really need to do is drive someones GT with a few mods in it so I can see how sweet this baby really is and maybe I will stop "faffing" around. Anyone in Houston want to hook up? Free Starbucks in it for you!!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==Any vert owners in hot cities have any "honest" comments on this? ==

I was born and raised in Houston, now live in Dallas and am very happy with my vert. Even when it's really hot outside, it feels so nice to pop the top and just soak up some rays. I really thought I'd be leaving the top up once the temps climbed, but I find myself putting it down all the time. It's fantastic. It takes me about 40 minutes to drive to and from work, and it's been pushing 100 degrees at quitting time. I put the top down before leaving and I usually don't start sweating until about 2/3 of the way home. At that point I roll the windows up and crank on the A/C, you'd be surprised at how cool it keeps you even with the top down. Before getting my vert I did consider the coupes, I ended up buying the vert because I liked the appearance more. It looks like the 60's Mustang notchbacks, and I always liked them more than the fastbacks. Plus sporty convertibles have a certain mystique about them. Anyway, now that I have it I would not consider getting a Mustang coupe.

This is my 3rd vert, first electric top. Ford really did it right, the top works fantastic. Very quick up and down. Get the vert, you may find yourself not wanting the Shelby after all (unless they make a Shelby vert )
Old 06-18-2005, 03:49 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

AMEN
I live in Little Rock AR and we get about the same sort of weather, (probably less T-storms) and I LOVE to drive the droptop to and from work. I even leave the top down, (unless I am flying) for the day. The AC set on foot controls can cool you off, (or your PAX, as I usually don't bother). And the looks... love it! There are probably only 5 or 6 GT Verts in the entire LR area... and mine was the first manual north of the city... plenty of coupes... not so many verts... and since I have another car, (WRX is a great foul weather car), I decide before leaving the house which to take... so my top stays down... in fact, the boot usually stays on too...