Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And the pollen is here...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Rskapof
2nd Gear Member

I washed my car last night. Looks fantastic when i am done. And after spending 90 minutes washing it i parked it far away from any tree or bush, this morning, less than 12 hours after washing it. I was pollenated
Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Nothing to do but wait. The better your finish is, the more the stuff shows up.

I washed my car Saturday. Like always, I wash and dry it one panel at a time. Before I could finish, the part I washed first already had a light pollen coating. Doesn't help that my car is black.

Make it stop....We need a good severe storm front to move through and blow everything out.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:28 PM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

Best thing i have found to do, is have a hose with a sprayer nozzle on the end. Wash, wash your car like once a week, and just every other day or so, just take the hose out for 5 mins and spray it off. It will still be clean and just remove the pollen.

If your really ****, you can dry it each time. But i wash mine with the hose only every other day. It takes 5 mins, and i will take 4 water spots on my car over a blanket of yellow anyday.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:36 PM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

+1 the california duster for sure they work awesome.
and also the smoother the better so as for detailing its easy to do just time consuming
clay bar the entire car first, use meguires final inspection for lubricant (is what i use works great) buff it startin with heavy cut if it hasnt been done in a while moving toward fine cut.
then after buffing do a hand glaze by rubbing the glaze in, little goes a long way, untill hazed over then wipe off. finish off with a nice hard wax for protection and your stang will be smoother than anything! looks great, pollon flys off literally, and feels so smooth if you do it right without rushing
Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

judging from everyones location this must be a down south issue lol... that sux
Old 03-23-2009, 11:05 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Arizona is horrible this time of year all the way up to november. Dust+pollen=never clean. Washed it yesterday and I can already see a sheen of dust when I'm driving.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:41 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

northern california just started seeing the pollen come in. It sucks because i have horrible allergies and its everywhere!

But wash it often make sure the paint is smooth as in you washed it within the last 2 days before using a california car duster.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:51 PM
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lrgnation
But wash it often make sure the paint is smooth as in you washed it within the last 2 days before using a california car duster.
why is that? I use mine all the time if it's just dry dust on the car.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:31 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by nmd55
i gotta say the pollen here in FL is really frustrating. i dont have a garage so the combination of morning dew and the pollen leaves this layer of filth on the car after just one morning. Even with the car covered it still gets dirty.

Ive resorted to wiping her down everytime i drive her.
I do the same
Originally Posted by solaratomic
LOVEBUGS...Don't remind me, I really look foward to washing my front bumper every time I go somewhere
I hate that and when the fish flys start this May/June I will be washing the windshield every time I drive and avoiding night driving (if I can)
Originally Posted by Stealth
+1 for the california duster. I use it to dust the pollen off and it works great.
It does when used correctly
Originally Posted by sonicmetalicS197
why is that? I use mine all the time if it's just dry dust on the car.
for dust and pollen your fine but if you had condensation from morning dew and that picked up larger particles you can and might drag them over the paint causing micro marring or swirls (never use in circular motion- only back and forth)
Old 03-24-2009, 03:29 AM
SteveB_RET
1st Gear Member

It's Yellow Pine Pollen time in Georgia..... Not much you can do. I move my 07 Mustang GT out of the garage and put my wife's 04 Mustang GT Convertable in the garage so not to get to much pollen from getting in the top to bad and just wait it out. It usually take a month and a few good rain storms to knock it out of the air.

Quick Reply: And the pollen is here...