Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips for a Prospective New Mustang Buyer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Geno

Default Tips for a Prospective New Mustang Buyer?

Hi everyone, i've been a forum drifter for a while but decided to finally jump into the fun.

I'm currently in the research phase of getting myself a 2006 'stang. I've been driving a 2000 model 3.1 Grand Prix SE that i bought used for about a year now and, obviously, i cant take it anymore. I spend 2 hours on the road a day, when i bought the GP it was a rushed move. I was starting my first full time job at the age of 19 and needed something to replace my 250,000 mile paranoia-mobile. Little did i know i'd end up with a car that had more problems at 35,000 than my old one. Live and learn. Fortunately i've already paid off my car. So on to the point of my post...

This will be my first New Car Buying experience. I've done a fair deal of research on what to expect and what to look out for, but im still pretty ignorant to the game. I plan to take out a loan from my credit union, so i dont need to worry about all that financing mess. But what about the other stuff? I want to special request a build from the plant, like most of you guys have done. I stopped by a dealer about a week ago and they said they didnt have the materials they needed from ford to start taking orders for the 2006s (then tried their best to talk me into buying a 2005). Yet i've seen several posts on the forum from people saying they have their 2006's on the waiting list. I know when production begins, but when is the soonest i'll be able to put in my order? And along with that question, considering the production boost how long will it probably take (not that im in a rush, cause im not)? And whats all this stuff about people being able to track the status on their order? Everyone seems to know when their car's production date begins. Do you bug the dealership for this info? What about MSRP, what sort of price should i end up paying in comparison to the MSRP? Feel free to post your stories and strategies, they'll help me out a lot.

I never came across this type of "newbie" information anywhere on the forum, so im breaking down and asking. Please Don't kill me if it already exists =)
Old 06-20-2005, 01:55 AM
gt6974a
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Tips for a Prospective New Mustang Buyer?

You should print off the order guide and take it with you to the dealer. Then ask them why you can get it and they can't.