Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 CD Error Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Default Shaker 500 CD Error Problem

Man, these shakers just suck! My battery went dead due to my own fault (left the key on after putting the top up.. don't ask) and the next day I noticed a CD Error flashing on shaker display that popped up when I opened the door. I already had the trickle charger on it, so I let it sit over night... but the problem is still present. The car starts and runs fine as well.

Even without the key on or in the ignition, the 6 CD "circles" pop up on the screen as soon as the door is opened, followed by a "CD Error" message. Also when the CD button or the load button is pressed when the shaker is turned on, it momentarily displays "initializing", then diverts back to radio mode. It does appear to something with the CD functionality the more I think about it. The battery is reading 12.6v, but I put the big charger on it to see if maybe a deeper charge will help.

Does this sound like a discharged battery issue that just has low current output or has my shaker taken a dump?? I am still under warranty, but really don't want to take it in unless absolutely necessary. But if this does not go away after a lengthy charge, I will have no choice.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doogie65
Man, these shakers just suck! My battery went dead due to my own fault (left the key on after putting the top up.. don't ask) and the next day I noticed a CD Error flashing on shaker display that popped up when I opened the door. I already had the trickle charger on it, so I let it sit over night... but the problem is still present. The car starts and runs fine as well.

Even without the key on or in the ignition, the 6 CD "circles" pop up on the screen as soon as the door is opened, followed by a "CD Error" message. Also when the CD button or the load button is pressed when the shaker is turned on, it momentarily displays "initializing", then diverts back to radio mode. It does appear to something with the CD functionality the more I think about it. The battery is reading 12.6v, but I put the big charger on it to see if maybe a deeper charge will help.

Does this sound like a discharged battery issue that just has low current output or has my shaker taken a dump?? I am still under warranty, but really don't want to take it in unless absolutely necessary. But if this does not go away after a lengthy charge, I will have no choice.
"CD Error" was an issue way back when during the Mach 460 days and they were known for it. Warranty should cover it, but I haven't hear a lot of issues about these new ones.

Do you have all 6 CDs loaded?

Last edited by Smooth_J; 04-15-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

As far as I know, there are no CDs loaded.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:32 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

My Shaker1000 did the same thing. After having (3) head-units replaced... I replaced it with a pioneer Avic-D3. I did receiove another head-unit from Ford that is in a box..brand new..from Ford.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:41 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Try disconnecting your battery for a few mins and then hook it back up and see if that clears the error for you.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

When I had my Mach 460 HU I tried virtually everything. So then I just said heck with it and took it all apart. Once I took all the CDs out I put it back together and it was fine till I traded the car in.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Try disconnecting your battery for a few mins and then hook it back up and see if that clears the error for you.

That was the first thing I tried... but given how it failed after a battery drain, I would assume it is somehow "hung up" and needs to get cleared.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:02 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

That was the first thing I tried... but given how it failed after a battery drain, I would assume it is somehow "hung up" and needs to get cleared.
Have you tried unpluging the radio its self yet?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Is there an easy way to do that without pulling the dash apart?? Or could I maybe just pull a fuse?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:18 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Is there an easy way to do that without pulling the dash apart?? Or could I maybe just pull a fuse?
You would be suprised how easy it is to pull apart. The two side kick panels on either side of the radio area just pull off and once you pull those off you will see the screws that need to come out. Once those are out the whole face around the radio just pulls out and you will see the plugs to your air and other controls, just unplug them and that whole part will come away leave you just your radio and the 4 screws that hold it in. Take off those screws and pull the radio out and you will see your plugs to it. You will only need to unplug the biggest one. The small plug is for your subs and the other thick wire is your anntena.

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 CD Error Problem