Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing FRPP Shorties and....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 05:53 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

Post Installing FRPP Shorties and....

Prothane bullit motor mounts. Well this morning I started the install and I found one thing out, this getting old s*** it for the birds, also laying on your back on the garage floor and getting back up a 100 times has me wore out. But on the install side I did get the passenger side header in and the new mount. I at least like the way it looks. Tomorrow I will tackle the other side, I just hope the Mobic & Tylenol's I took do their job or I'm going to feel it in the morning. I could not believe how ignorant the motor mount bracket was to get off, out of the way and then back in, Gheeeeeeeesh, and all but one exhaust manifold stud had to be double nutted to get them out. I wonder what will give me a fit on the drivers side Hmmmm?
When I get this mod finished then I have to re install my freshly powder coated (black) valve covers and all my other accessories i.e. fuel rail covers, Strut bar etc... then I'm ready for my dyno tune from Booze Bros. Racing, I'm starting to get anxious, its been a looooooong winter.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:39 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

If you dont want to have trouble tomorrow, go back out there right now and spray every bolt with PB blaster or some sort of penetrating oil to soak overnight, especially the exhaust manifold studs. The double nut method gets old quick. It will only take 10 minutes to soak everything now and it will save you lots of bloody knuckles and hours of time tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:15 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

You're on the home stretch. The driver side is WAY easier than the passenger side.

I did the driver side first and then wondered what all the fuss was about. I thought we had it made. And then I started the $*(%^&$# passenger side.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:23 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
You're on the home stretch. The driver side is WAY easier than the passenger side.

I did the driver side first and then wondered what all the fuss was about. I thought we had it made. And then I started the $*(%^&$# passenger side.

" And then I started the $*(%^&$# passenger side"

That gave me a good chuckle Yeah my hands feel pretty beat up among other parts of me. Thanks for the respond it made me feel better about hitting it tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:29 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jahudso2
If you dont want to have trouble tomorrow, go back out there right now and spray every bolt with PB blaster or some sort of penetrating oil to soak overnight, especially the exhaust manifold studs. The double nut method gets old quick. It will only take 10 minutes to soak everything now and it will save you lots of bloody knuckles and hours of time tomorrow.
I think I will give em a shot of penetrating oil but I will do first thing in morning then I have a few small errands to run and then I'll start. I guess about 2 hour soak. Right now Im just too tuckered out. I did a bunch of other stuff today also. Thanks for your input jahudso2.