Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 03:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

How Should I Get My 06 Stang To Look Better?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:31 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

Tint the windows, GT500 spoiler in blue, Maybe lower it, Black billet grille would look good too!!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:33 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang nakotah
but i would also like to add the hood pin kits and get the logos M U S T A N G put on the back trunk.

Get the Scott Drake hood pins. They're exactly like the Shelby GT pins with the little bracket the holds the pins. I have them but still not put them on.

Also, do you mean like this?

Those are also made by Scott Drake. You'll find several places that sell them by searching for "mustang trunk emblems" or just "mustang emblems."

I also have the Cervini side scoops and Roush hood scoop. It really changed the look of the car. I love it.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:54 PM
mustang nakotah
1st Gear Member

omg! yes that's it! i love how it looks on your car! if that looks good then i'll consider getting one too. thanks for showing that, that'll give me an idea on how much i need to space the letters to make it even.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:06 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

I'm going to chime in again here (yeah, cause I'm sure this will be the last time).

I don't think the "Mustang" would work well with your stripe. If it works on that car, that's because it's silver letters on blue. Good contrast. With your stripe, silver letters would work fine on the blue portion but silver letters on the silver stripe would disappear. The reverse would be the problem if you went with dark letters.

If you just went with dark letters on the stripe you'd have to break the word up into two parts because of the gap. I have my doubts that would look very good.

I think you've already got enough going on with the stripe already and the "mustang" would just be overkill.

Again, just my two cents.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:04 PM
peter north
2nd Gear Member

tint the windows, add some rear chrome bezelz, some mirror covers, hood scoop? or get a transformer emblem like mine. also you should consider a shorty antenna?

mirror cover & shorty antenna
Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 PM
mustang nakotah
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by digitalcos
I'm going to chime in again here (yeah, cause I'm sure this will be the last time).

I don't think the "Mustang" would work well with your stripe. If it works on that car, that's because it's silver letters on blue. Good contrast. With your stripe, silver letters would work fine on the blue portion but silver letters on the silver stripe would disappear. The reverse would be the problem if you went with dark letters.

If you just went with dark letters on the stripe you'd have to break the word up into two parts because of the gap. I have my doubts that would look very good.

I think you've already got enough going on with the stripe already and the "mustang" would just be overkill.

Again, just my two cents.
oh you'll be back for this. i was really excited about the idea of having the "MUSTANG" put on the back, i've seen SHELBY on a striped shelby so i thought, hey it just might look good. so you really think it wouldn't look good then? but in a way, it might look too much. thanks for the advice!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 PM
mustang nakotah
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by peter north
tint the windows, add some rear chrome bezelz, some mirror covers, hood scoop? or get a transformer emblem like mine. also you should consider a shorty antenna?

mirror cover & shorty antenna
i do like the roush spoiler but it's pretty pricy for me!! that's not a bad idea to change the mirrors too.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:52 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Shorty Antenna (cut your factory one)=FREE
Mirror Covers = $79.99

Save and add to the rest and get your windows tinted .
Old 04-28-2009, 08:58 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

window tint is a must! is really sets the car off...

Old 04-28-2009, 10:53 PM
mustang nakotah
1st Gear Member

whoa! look at that sexy shelby! it seems that window tints is a must. also, painting the brake calipers the same color as the car? ok that's my last question.

Quick Reply: How Should I Get My 06 Stang To Look Better?