Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed with 4.10s

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:57 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
lol those Challenger SRT-8s look real tempting.. especially in Black.
Definitely a beautiful car and I would be jealous.

Just not a very good value for performance/$.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JMoraru
i was happy with the intake/tune, but people really made 4.10s sound like a big difference and i don't. i wonder if those people who are amazed by 4.10s or other little mods have been in a car making over 400whp. its hard to compete. if i could do it again i would skip the small mods and save for FI.
I was not impressed with the intake and tune. I have a manual and missed out on much of the experience the auto people get with them. I did notice a difference but it was disappointing considering the things I read around here and the expectations I had. Overall it was a moderate, at best, improvement in the car.

I don't expect anything more than that out of the gears even though I hear people talk them up just like they do the intake and tune.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 AM
JMoraru
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
I was not impressed with the intake and tune. I have a manual and missed out on much of the experience the auto people get with them. I did notice a difference but it was disappointing considering the things I read around here and the expectations I had. Overall it was a moderate, at best, improvement in the car.

I don't expect anything more than that out of the gears even though I hear people talk them up just like they do the intake and tune.
wow, if you feel that way about the intake/tune then don't even bother with gears. im so pissed i wasted my money right now!
Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
A lot of people seem to be pretty easily impressed. A 10whp gain and they are talking about how "It's like a totally different car now!".

I'm not easily impressed.
Oh I am impressed by the new found power.... it just takes awhile to get used to how to put all that new found power to the ground!~
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JMoraru
wow, if you feel that way about the intake/tune then don't even bother with gears. im so pissed i wasted my money right now!
Believe me. If I hadn't got such a good deal ($150 shipped) on them I might not have done it. 3.55 isn't that bad of a gearset in the first place especially if I go with FI in a couple years.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:14 AM
JMoraru
2nd Gear Member

i got mine installed for $399 total..gears and all. i know the shop does good work. my luck just sucks
Old 04-30-2009, 01:16 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

$400 for the whole thing? That's a steal. My install will run me $350. When and if I do it next year.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:25 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Look at insurance rates before considering a SVT Cobra. For ****s and giggles I compared the insurance rates. I pay $495 every 6mths for an 06 Mustang GT, but if I had an 03 SVT cobra, my insurance rate would be $785 every 6mths.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:26 AM
JMoraru
2nd Gear Member

yea, they are doing a special. they say they got a good deal on the gears and are passing it on. i think he told me they also put new bearings in mine due to some issues they had with getting the old set out or something.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I literally know people that think they can tell a difference between regular unleaded and premium. In their LAWN MOWER.

Others swear they can tell the difference between a 93 and an 87 octane aftermarket tune. We're talking in that case literally, 2-3% AT MOST, of a power differential. Being the skeptic that I am I would like to do a blind test on that and see if I can win some money on a bet.

If you're one of those people who are like the above and get a "mega" difference in perception over the reality of the gains. Then good times with every mod you do. If you're like me you'll not be truly happy with anything but the blower. The rest is just kind of... MEH.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with 4.10s