Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Birthday ding

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Birthday ding

Not only is it a crappy parking job, but WHY did he BACK into the parking spot? Does he have trouble backing out of parking spots? In that case, maybe he needs to learn how, or not drive a vehicle he can't manuver on the road properly... or maybe he was parking it that way so he could make a fast getaway???

I wonder how often he uses those big ole tires or his 4x4??? I wonder what kind of fuel economy he gets...

Sorry.. I think in this country, we have gone off the deep end in the truck department...
Old 06-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Amen!
I park in mall's parking structure when at work and I am amazed at all the SUVs parked tail in. And when these soccer mommies try backing the huge Navigator out they take all day, stop 4-5 feet too early (they can't tell how much room they have left) and to top it all off- they're on freakin' cell phones!
If only the big fad was those little hybrids! Can you imagine looking down the freeway and replacing all those SUVs and trucks with smaller cars! Parking would be so much easier!
Old 06-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Herknav

Not only is it a crappy parking job, but WHY did he BACK into the parking spot?
Easy there, I back in a LOT - but I developed the habit when I was a volunteer firefighter/EMT.

I too park as far away and as alone as possible and just walk. BUT I despise folks that park caddy-cornered taking up two slots in an already crowded lot.

Oh yeah, s*cks about your car dude but that was quick thinking getting the pics!
Old 06-24-2005, 11:17 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

well, there is some good news to all of this. Took it to my bodyshop today... a press a dent service will get it out just fine (didn't get through the paint). An adjuster will come out soon and I'll insist they fix it right by the shop of my choice.. brand new car and all. They'll cut me a check and I'll get the dent out for about $75 and apply the rest to the costs of the GT bumper I'm already scheduled to put on and have painted next week.

I decided to go with a GT bumper instead of just cutting out the notch, which I think I'd notice not quite matching up with the factory notched side.... not really trying to look like a GT, just want duals.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:33 AM
GT Dan
1st Gear Member

someone put, (what I think was) gum all over my car this week..... not sure where it came from, didnt notice it at first but it stood out like a sore thumb on the black paint. Almost looked like silly string....... all over the side of the car..... idiots..... I hope never catch anyone actually doing that stuff.....
Old 06-25-2005, 04:28 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Gum? Might be from another car on the free way... I got gum once and it was from someone spitting it out while driving the highway...
Old 06-25-2005, 05:53 AM
2GKT5
2nd Gear Member

You must've never driven a truck before.

Everytime I drive my dads truck I will park it tail-end first. Its either extremely hard or downright impossible to get out of a parking stall backing up, especially with another SUV or elongated truck directly behind you.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:51 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

one of those orange type cleaning sprays should get off gum and other road gunk. Just be sure to wash it off really well... then, be sure to wax again.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2GKT5

You must've never driven a truck before.

Everytime I drive my dads truck I will park it tail-end first. Its either extremely hard or downright impossible to get out of a parking stall backing up, especially with another SUV or elongated truck directly behind you.
Then how do you get IN to the spot? If you can back in to a spot, you should be able to back out of it. It might be harder, but thats the price you pay for driving a road hog... I think thats a cop-out. I think that folks these days don't "learn" how to manuver their vehicles like they used to. How many people had to parallel park at their driver's test? How many states *require* Driver's Ed before you can get your license? It's far too easy to get a driver's license... hence so much of the buffoonery on the roads...

And I have driven pleanty of trucks and I never had to back it in so I could still get out of the parking spot...
Old 06-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Racnnut
1st Gear Member

Then how do you get IN to the spot? If you can back in to a spot, you should be able to back out of it. It might be harder, but thats the price you pay for driving a road hog... I think thats a cop-out. I think that folks these days don't "learn" how to manuver their vehicles like they used to. How many people had to parallel park at their driver's test? How many states *require* Driver's Ed before you can get your license? It's far too easy to get a driver's license... hence so much of the buffoonery on the roads...

And I have driven pleanty of trucks and I never had to back it in so I could still get out of the parking spot...
I don't back my conversion van to make it easier to get out, I ALWAYS back in or pull through a parking space because at the time I back in, I am looking forward just before going in and can see anything or anyone that may be in the way. If I have to back out, I take the chance of someone stepping behind me that I cannot see. A friend of mine's wife ran over and killed her 2 year old nephew because he ran behind her conversion van as she was backing out of a driveway and she did not see him. She sold her van and will be traumatized for life. Taking a little extra time going in is worth the safety of all concerned.

I do the same with my Stang in case I have to make a quick get-a-way! I don't know what difference it makes anyway. To each his own.

Kathy

Quick Reply: Birthday ding