Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with engine! Darn Flood! :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

I was just driving home and my car started to make a squealing sound, prolly water on the belts. Being that it has been raining for the last week, and what you stated above you def have water somewhere it aint supposed to be. F'ing rain.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 PM
NemesisStang08
1st Gear Member

yeah, it wouldn't surprise me about the belts cause mine was doing that also at first and then went away. Ive heard the squealing sound b4 on my dad's pathfinder and my friends impala....both had to do with water and went away w/o any issues. But yeah, i know Florida was in a drought....but enough is enough....its summer time and I want to see the chicks I'm not sweating it so much anymore cause i don't think its such a big issue once i do what my buddies here mentioned. But if it DOES seem to be a real issue ill just go to insurance and try to use that cash along with some of mine for a v8...maybe build one? haha Hopefully i don't have to though since i prefer holding onto my $$$
Old 05-20-2009, 05:57 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

You think you've got problems? I have to drive 200 yards down a clay/dirt road.

My road is full of holes, which are of course filled with water because I live in north central florida. I had to drive at least a mile through 12 inches or more of water. The hwy was completely flooded and now it feels like my brakes are dragging.

You should have seen me coming down my road this afternoon. You know that old chevy commercial where the truck is running through the mud and the front end is bouncing up and down? That's how I felt. I could even hear the "like a rock" song playing in my head.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:08 PM
NemesisStang08
1st Gear Member

wooooow, that really does suck! I mean, thats pretty dirty and i can just imagine that poor suspension....check to see if its crying saying "u bastard....dont do this to me! Im faithfull to u", hahah just kidding But seriously, I feel sorry for that...Florida right now is getting pounded by this rain and supposedly theirs more to come! I was just concerned about the engine since...well, its expensive and from what i was reading its just horrible to get H2O in there. Time will tell i guess...
Old 05-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Sixx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NemesisStang08
Thank u guys soo much! I was kinda paniking there thinking it was gone....kinda scary. Anyways, im just gonna go ahead and get my oil changed, new intake (maybe upgrade to a K&N), and let the sparkies out for the night I might wait for some of this humidity to go away first though...
I feel your pain Nemesis, I've been trapped inside my house for 3 days. I'm not driving my Stang in this weather. I've also got a 95 Mustang, but I just claybar and waxed it Sunday, so I don't want to drive it.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:25 PM
NemesisStang08
1st Gear Member

yeah, it does suck....and whats worse is that its supposed to rain 4 like 4-5 more days I wanna fix her...
Old 05-20-2009, 11:02 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

hopefully something good comes out of all this rain. My engine will look like moose's since I too have about a 200 yard dirt road for a driveway. Its not clay though...whew. Maybe they will lift the damn restriction so I can wash my car at home again? probably not.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:53 AM
NemesisStang08
1st Gear Member

i gotta admit though....if i had to drive on dirt on a regular basis i would probably not get a stang. My parents have a dirt road and wanted me to ship my car to Puerto Rico...I said "hell no!" for two reasons...the road....and shipping cost is waaay expensive. I would get a nice F-150 or F-250 though if I could afford it though This rain would b a joke for that truck, muahahaha
Old 05-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Bit of advice. Don't just change your oil.

GET ALL OF YOUR FLUIDS CHANGED.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
mtags24

woah be careful! even if you haven't completely hydrolocked that engine a little water can still do a lot of damage. Your current plan sounds good, but changing your fluids and spark plugs is the most important along with airing out your induction system. I can't tell you how many threads I've read on the evo forums of people having a little weirdness after an encounter with a puddle for a day and then having their engine go boom 2 or 3 days later.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Problem with engine! Darn Flood! :(