Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nice but pricey

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

while I agree that its not a muscle car with out a v-8 to get the sound, the feel, the rush, etc. If your someone that just wants a fun car and the look of the car and could car less about power as you never race, etc. and dont want to spring for a v-8. Then the v-6 is perfect. kudos to ford for making both for so long.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:07 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
while I agree that its not a muscle car with out a v-8 to get the sound, the feel, the rush, etc. If your someone that just wants a fun car and the look of the car and could car less about power as you never race, etc. and dont want to spring for a v-8. Then the v-6 is perfect. kudos to ford for making both for so long.
Agreed. And kudos to Ford for making the new 2010 Mustang V6 such a pleasant car. I had one a few weeks while in California and with the exception of the gas pedal performance.....it was more a pleasure to drive than my current 2005 GT which suddenly seems very old and outdated
Old 05-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Seabee
2nd Gear Member

they are selling v6s here at 32-34k while the gt is 36-38k..i find that to be a bit high myself. i bought my 07 gt premium for 26. i havent looked at them yet, but are they really worth the price hike
Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 AM
kinoman2002
2nd Gear Member

They are a little "pricey" but all the upgrades are worth it especially if you upgrade from 2005.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 AM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Seabee
they are selling v6s here at 32-34k while the gt is 36-38k..i find that to be a bit high myself. i bought my 07 gt premium for 26. i havent looked at them yet, but are they really worth the price hike

Those prices tend to make me really appreciate my Z-28, which still turns heads, was paid off over 8 years ago, and has very low mileage (45,000).

If I had an 05-09 Mustang, I wouldn't be too anxious to sign up for a new one until the prices come down a little (or until the 2011s or 2012s). Then again, it's all about money and desire. When the money is there and the overwhelming desire to buy is there....then let the fun begin.

I don't imagine that you'll get much of a deal on a 2010 Mustang right now, because most dealer lots aren't exactly loaded up with them.

Even in this great time for buying cars, Camaro and Mustang buyers tend to fall outside the "bargain area". Now, if Camaros and Mustangs start piling up on lots in 6 months to a year, then there should be some bargains. Just depends on whether you have patience or whether temptation has won.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:25 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Seabee
They most be loaded with every option to be at that price for a V6. Come to Tampa, the dealer has them here all day long for $27K very nicely equipped

Last edited by wilkinda; 05-26-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:55 PM
mtags24

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
A mustang is a mustang no matter the engine.

And WTF? You'd go for jap rice over a v6 mustang which has a good market of FI available?!?! Thank goodness you could afford the GT, you would have gone traitor otherwise.
I'm pretty sure a Lancer evolution GSR isn't "jap rice" considering it has a GT beat in virtually every single performance category- 0-60, braking, 1/4, slalom etc. AWD launch at the strip has it running a bit faster than a GT, and around a track it's simply painful to watch. Evos have one of the most advanced AWD systems in the world. It is a real track car. Not to mention lots of evos, dsms, and anything else running a 4g63 engine can easily make tons of power and torque with all wheel drive and a light curb weight. Look at AMS, they make 1000whp evos than run in the 8s no sweat. Yep, that's with 4 cylinders.

I love the mustang, but I also love performance cars in general no matter the country of origin. My next car will be a mustang because (zips up his flame suit) performance & track times aren't everything. I want a convertible, lots of engine room, and cheap mods. Mustangs aren't skinny track rats, that's why i want one.

Don't bash someone for making a suggestion to the OP about cars that may not be american. 2010 mustang looks absolutely awesome and I like how ford continues to work on the aesthetics of their products. To the OP- In this environment it would be foolish to pay anything resembling MRSP. I agree too, I really like the looks of the V6 version.

Why is a V6 mustang destined for the rental fleet? 200+HP, rwd, coilovers, good brakes, and some power adders and you have a stout car.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:02 PM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mtags24
Not to mention lots of evos, dsms, and anything else running a 4g63 engine can easily make tons of power and torque with all wheel drive and a light curb weight.
I loved my old 91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. Too bad that it was such a good winter car. 18 winters and salt did a number under the car. If they made a new one right now, I'd go down and buy it in a heartbeat. The Lancer Ralliart and EVO are tempting, but I'd still rather have a 2 door sport coupe from Mitsu with AWD.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:03 PM
mtags24

Originally Posted by ztalon
I loved my old 91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. Too bad that it was such a good winter car. 18 winters and salt did a number under the car. If they made a new one right now, I'd go down and buy it in a heartbeat. The Lancer Ralliart and EVO are tempting, but I'd still rather have a 2 door sport coupe from Mitsu with AWD.
Exactly! I really want a coupe and I can't find an import coupe that I could get really into. The Rx8 breaks all the time. 350z is ok but really small. Haha GTR...yeah right. Eclipse is fwd. I love classic talons, too bad you couldn't play with it! I really wish they would make an awd turbo eclipse.

The mustang just seems like so much more of a relaxing, fun, stylish car for me. I can't think of many situations where I could push the evo to do what it is designed to do, but the mustang seems to be perfect for cruising and the occasional drag race.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mtags24
Exactly! I really want a coupe and I can't find an import coupe that I could get really into. The Rx8 breaks all the time. 350z is ok but really small. Haha GTR...yeah right. Eclipse is fwd. I love classic talons, too bad you couldn't play with it! I really wish they would make an awd turbo eclipse.
I have to admit that I do like my 02 Eclipse GT, but I'd sure like it a whole lot more if it was AWD/turbo. It isn't a bad car (comfortable, with an excellent V6, and a lot of bells and whistles), but it could never live up to the AWD/turbo combination of the previous generation Eclipses. This was just too hard an act to follow, particularly without the goods that personified the previous generation turbo/AWD versions.

I think Mitsubishi really jumped the shark with the Eclipse. I'm tired of the "an awd/turbo eclipse would compete with the EVO" argument." Yet, they release a Ralliart Lancer (competing with the EVO under the reasoning that it would go head to head with the WRX), that could just as well been the Eclipse. Why not give the 2 door fans an AWD/turbo...even if it is a bit less in power than the EVO? I bet some WRX buyers would jump back over to Mitsu if they offered an AWD/turbo Eclipse.

Quick Reply: nice but pricey