Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dissapointed...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 02:40 AM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dissapointed...

Don, yer missing my point. I certainly know that they cant keep up with demand on the Mustang, Im saying that the Stang and the F-150 are Fords best sellers, but the rest of their line aint doin' too good. Like GM is doin' poorly in general. And Ford needs to sell all of these they can [and their other lines, too], to get profitable again. Ergo that even though the Stang is selling like hotcakes, the dealers cant afford to **** off any potential customers for their other lines. Bad news travels, etc. So Ford will want to know if its dealers are screwing up. I sent in a so-so survey to Ford when I first got my car, and the dealer called kissin butt like you wouldnt believe! So, it still sounds like Lubricant's dealer dropped the ball and the car didnt get ordered. And did the dealer at least offer to find you a similar car at another dealership to make up for it? No? Make you wait for an '06..? Fornicate him. Try another dealer if at all possible. Its good to shop around anyway.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:00 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

I think we're on the same page. He seemed pissed off at Ford... I would blame the dealer, not Ford.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

How can you not be pissed with ford? Its the same story at every dealer.. Even some of the dealers are asses once I say I have a discount.. Not the type of people I want to deal with..
Able ford in Oceanside, NY is where I ordered it from.. Diblasi ford also told me that I would never get it...
Most ford dealers on long island treat me like a 14 year old with no money..
I didint really like mustang's, just the 2005. But, I got a cheaper car w/more hp, easier to mod for me...
Too bad it didint work out, I was looking fwd to my mustang...

If it's not ford's fault, then who is it? Every dealer? Same thing then.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:41 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

The whole situation sucks. You have the dealers overselling their allocation in hopes they get more, and then you have FORD not communicating to anyone. I got pushed to an 06 as well, and I ordered back in Feb. I'm sticking with the Stang because I love the car but the way the situation is handled by both the dealer and Ford, it makes me want to look to another manufacturer for the first time.

This dam car better be worth it. By the time I get mine, it will be more than a 6 month wait..
Old 06-26-2005, 01:45 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Lubricant

How can you not be pissed with ford? Its the same story at every dealer..

If it's not ford's fault, then who is it? Every dealer? Same thing then.
I doubt you talked to every dealer... that is an over-exaggeration. It's a shame that the dealer hosed you like this, but I still don't agree that it's Ford's fault. You summed it up yourself: "I didint [sic] really like mustang's, just the 2005." Evidently, deep-down you're not a Ford guy, and that's OK... not everyone will be. And I sincerely hope you and the TA will have a long, happy time together. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:20 PM
RutgersFan

Sorry, man... but my initial response to this thread is "whaa". Where you screwed up is in demanding your "right" to an x-plan build. The reality is that economics will win every time. My dealer told me straight up two weeks ago that even though I was eligible for the x, he couldn't give me one on a Mustang. I called my cousin, who is a Ford dealer down in Florida and he told me the same thing. Blood may be thicker than water, but business is thicker than blood. The bottom line is that Ford has the hottest selling car in the industry right now and people are lining up to pay MSRP (or more) for them. Why should they lose a few grand in potential profit to you, me or anyone else?

It comes down to how much you want the car. I wanted one enough to order an '06 (which I'm told now will be built on October) and pay '05 MSRP. Methinks you wanted the deal a lot more than you wanted the car. Enjoy your Freebird.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

I was told everything was ok, I had a order with a delivery date.. I put down a deposit, and had the expectation for the dealer and ford to meet their obligations.. Bad business deal.. Wont happen again, I guarentee it. My friend ordered a 06gt, but I shall convince him to get a diffrent vehicle. Its hot, yes and nice... But this car was cheaper, more base hp, and looks mean.. Ive owned one before...

So, because I get a discount and my company does business with ford, I expect to be screwed...
Old 06-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

I didn't get my Xplan either... they flat told me "no joy"
Old 06-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Racnnut
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lubricant

I was told everything was ok, I had a order with a delivery date.. I put down a deposit, and had the expectation for the dealer and ford to meet their obligations.. Bad business deal.. Wont happen again, I guarentee it. My friend ordered a 06gt, but I shall convince him to get a diffrent vehicle. Its hot, yes and nice... But this car was cheaper, more base hp, and looks mean.. Ive owned one before...

So, because I get a discount and my company does business with ford, I expect to be screwed...

Your got screwed, but not by Ford... but by one specific dealer. Did you give Ford the opportunity to meet their obligations? If you did not, then you should not lump them with the bad behavior of one dealership. We all know this is a hard car to get, but they can be gotten and they are definitely worth the wait. If you did not want to start over again with another dealer, that is understandable, but you should not dissuade your friend from buying what he wants.

Kathy
Old 06-26-2005, 06:17 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Sweet TA, sorry about your Stang though.

Quick Reply: Dissapointed...