Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Weather and the Short Drop Glass feature

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 01:08 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Winter Weather and the Short Drop Glass feature

ORIGINAL: don_w

ORIGINAL: 2Stangs
But really, make the smart choice and move to southern California.
Wrong... don't move here!!! We're full already... lol

Maybe if you pushed some people back across the border you what have some room.LOL
Old 07-06-2005, 02:45 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

You know, the South East has a ton of room.. and some of the prettiest girls you will ever see...
Old 07-06-2005, 02:54 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Herknav

You know, the South East has a ton of room.. and some of the prettiest girls you will ever see...
I just returned from a week in TN... all y'all can keep that heat and humidity! Yeeesh!
Old 07-06-2005, 03:05 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Herknav

I just returned from a week in TN... all y'all can keep that heat and humidity! Yeeesh!
Ya get used to it... I grew up just north of Nashville... I love the South... as an added benefit, you stay away from all those nut cases on the left coast...
Old 07-06-2005, 02:36 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

Don if people keep moving here property values will continue to soar, which equals more $$$ for me.

Besides another Mustang driver can't hurt, it would be better than a ricer moving in instead.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

Besides, just look at the air quality in don-w's sig.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:40 PM
riff

Jim,

Looks like things got a little off topic. Your reply to my earlier post said you were going to leave the stock rims on through winter. I was thinking the same thing, with the clear coat paint and waxed I would hope they would hold up okay. So what are the other rims for you ordered from E-bay?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

Just a little off topic!

I ordered a custom car cover for winter today. That should take care of my short drop window feature in the ice and snow. Also the Service Mangager at the local Ford Dealership hasnt gotten back to me yet. I am sure they are still scratching there heads over in Michigan. I think they have a big problem about to appear this winter.

I had a GT on order for 3 months. I liked the way it looked better than the V6 with the fog lights and the stock rims. I didnt need to go real fast though and the look of the GT was the factor in me ordering it instead of getting the V6 to start with since I was concerned with gas mileage and improving on what I got rid of driving. So basically I think the sales guys knew I wouldnt get my 05 in Sonic Blue but figured I would roll over for an 06 even though the color I wanted wasnt avalable. I didnt understand alotments but I do now. So when they gave me the word a few weeks back that I was rolling over to an 06 and I had to wait another 3 months until October time frame I intensified my search and found a loaded V6 in Sonic Blue since there werent any GTs available. It was 45 minutes from my house. I did give up the GT fog lights and the rims I wanted for this but really didnt care about the extra horsh power that much and the worse gas mileage. So I saved 7K, get better mileage and have the color I wanted with all the options. But I did want the GT rims real bad (Back in the day the Cragar's were the Catts butt! ) so I picked up a set of new take offs on Ebay. Got all 4 delivered for $672. The tires were packaged first class with no chance of getting damaged and they were spotless. Heres a few pics of the mods so far. I also have one of those GT grill kits coming and ordered a Ducktail spoiler today. That should about do it for a while for me.

I bought the tires from ANNE at http://www.karkraft.com/2005_mustang.htm

Took about 2 weeks the get them. Emails on her end were a little sparse but I am happy with the product,packaging etc. I'm not sure if they have any more but it your interested you wont be dissapointed. Tires were $600 and she charged $72 for shipping. A deal for sure!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

Well I finally got a call back from the local Service Manager at my local Ford dealership. He told me the Ford rep that he deals with told him the car was tested last winter in Duluth MN and they didnt have any problems with icing and the short drop window feature. If you belive that I have some prime Flordia swamp land to sell you! He also told me the rep told him that if it does freeze you could pull hard and it "SHOULD" open but not to do it very often! WTF!

Also for all you guys that live in the warmer climates that have chimed in and think this issue may not be a problem for you, I have news for ya. You are in the same boat if you battery goes dead! Just food for thought. I feel Ford is going to have a real problem with this over the next winter and my idea of a fix will be a re-designed swap out for the plastic trim pieces so they dont encapsulate the entire window. That would be a logical conclusion.

Good recommendations I have gotten from the service manager for the interm and that I intend to use during the winter is to use the car cover I already have and is in my truck as I type. Also to keep a can of deicer fluid in the trunk just in case the window gets iced up and I was too lazy to put the cover on.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:19 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jim Smyth

Well I finally got a call back from the local Service Manager at my local Ford dealership. He told me the Ford rep that he deals with told him the car was tested last winter in Duluth MN and they didnt have any problems with icing and the short drop window feature. If you belive that I have some prime Flordia swamp land to sell you! He also told me the rep told him that if it does freeze you could pull hard and it "SHOULD" open but not to do it very often! WTF!

Also for all you guys that live in the warmer climates that have chimed in and think this issue may not be a problem for you, I have news for ya. You are in the same boat if you battery goes dead! Just food for thought. I feel Ford is going to have a real problem with this over the next winter and my idea of a fix will be a re-designed swap out for the plastic trim pieces so they dont encapsulate the entire window. That would be a logical conclusion.

Good recommendations I have gotten from the service manager for the interm and that I intend to use during the winter is to use the car cover I already have and is in my truck as I type. Also to keep a can of deicer fluid in the trunk just in case the window gets iced up and I was too lazy to put the cover on.
If you hit an ice storm like we had a few times last winter and your windows are completely frozen, that drop down "feature" will absolutely NOT work. THe only issue would be the window actuators wearing a little...maybe even break eventually over an extended period of time. Just keep the car in the garage if possible!!

Quick Reply: Winter Weather and the Short Drop Glass feature