Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well Well Well. Mustang beats Camaro and Challanger on C&D.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 02:48 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

I saw the motortrend AND the C&D article...there's also another one in Popular Mechanics where the Camaro only wins by an inch. To be honest, I'm really excited. Our cars are the kings!

A little disappointed that they focus primarily on the 2010, which I personally think is...a LITTLE ugly. I think the 2005-09 models are 10 times better than the brand new one, just my personal opinion. I also think the 2010 looks like a camry from the back.

But reading horsepower, feel, and torque from the reputable Muscle magazines, I assume the 2010 is still a Beautiful 'Stang on the inside, regardless of how the exterior looks.

STANGS FTW!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by thedrod

Like I said earlier....I hope I never run into one of those 600hp Peterbilts on the road.....it'll smoke me...
lololololololol
Old 06-05-2009, 08:51 PM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilasX93
I saw the motortrend AND the C&D article...there's also another one in Popular Mechanics where the Camaro only wins by an inch. To be honest, I'm really excited. Our cars are the kings!

A little disappointed that they focus primarily on the 2010, which I personally think is...a LITTLE ugly. I think the 2005-09 models are 10 times better than the brand new one, just my personal opinion. I also think the 2010 looks like a camry from the back.

But reading horsepower, feel, and torque from the reputable Muscle magazines, I assume the 2010 is still a Beautiful 'Stang on the inside, regardless of how the exterior looks.

STANGS FTW!!!
yeah i saw the popular mechanics article its was cool too. But i disagree with you on the 20 10 looks ( but hey everyone has there opinion)
Old 06-06-2009, 12:06 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I finally got a chance to sit in a new Camaro today........though it was an LT and not an SS. Went with my cousin to a local Chevy dealer to have a light on his Tahoe fixed, and they had a couple of sixxers on the frontlot. Naturally, I couldn't refuse a closer look.

Overall, the car feels ok on the inside....just too claustraphobic for my tastes. If the beltline had been an inch or two lower, I could deal. I mean, I get nervous with the blindspots on my 05, always worried about backing into something or hitting someone when merging on the interstate. I'd be petrified to do either in a new Camaro. I'd have the window always rolled down with my head stuck out........just to be sure. And for not seeming all that much bigger than the Mustang on the outside (which it really didn't, to my surprise), the cabin makes it feel big. And I'm still not a fan of the dash design..........still seemed like something off of a PowerWheels car to me, even in the flesh. I think if they'd gone with a fully modern interior design like the GTO then the new Camaro would be much more appealing to me, even with its higher curb weight. For going to such lengths to avoid having the Camaro labeled a "retro" car, GM sure had no problems going the other way with bringing the interior to life.

In short, the Camaro really is a good looking car in person.....saddled with a flawed interior design. And no.......I didn't get to drive one. I won't go into that. But since there wasn't an SS on hand, I wasn't terribly disappointed about it.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:26 AM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

Supposedly the V6 model will turn a 14.29. That is quite impressive, until you find out it takes 305hp to do it. Are they using the engine from the Cadillac CTS?