Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been thinking...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:35 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Well it's unanimous...you have to keep it .
Old 06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I have 3 boys now. IT MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO GO AS A FAMILY ANYWHERE WITH THE CAR. bUT BEFORE THE NEWBORN, WE WERE ALL OVER THE PLACE. iD SUGGEST KEEPING IT IF AT ALL possible. Sorry for the caps, my finger travelled into areas it shouldnt have.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

IF you do sell it, and i mean IF then dont tell your children, my dad had a mint condition 53 vette convertable, which he sold for me my bro and my sister, my bro and sister dont understand it, but since im a car guy myself i feel for him, makes me feel bad whenever i see a 53 vette now
Old 06-09-2009, 04:35 PM
08GT4U
2nd Gear Member

first of all congratulations.now if you love your car like all of us do, DONT DO IT.i myself have a wife,a mortgage,a 18 month little one and some left over bills from the wedding.let me tell you i have been saving two weeks for a freaking x pipe and everytime im close to order it something else comes up with the family.before i would have been able to order it months ago but now other things come first.with all the mods you have in your car im with everyone else,keep it once the family starts your next mod might be when they leave the house.LOL
Old 06-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

If you sell it you'll end up with a corvette when you're 55.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:59 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Thanks all for the support and replies. I am sorry I didn't respond earlier.

To be honest, I am still on the fence about it.

I did put the car on craigs and pretty much just throwing in the mods as a "gift" if anyone wants them. If someone can pay the monthly payments, plus a little cash on the side they can have it.

Will it be the last Mustang? Hell no, but for now I need to do something since I could use the extra money right now.

It does make me really sad, and quite honestly I kind of regret doing that much at once. However now thats it all said and done, am I happy - Hell Yes!

Would I be happier if I can pay a lot of my bills off and credit cards - even more so. Would my wife be happier since we can save for a house, have extra savings, and save for our future children?...yes.

You never know though - maybe I can pick up a 2011, or 2012 soon...hehe (no mods of course).

Last edited by Smooth_J; 01-29-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:08 AM
robs
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Personally and from experience, if you get rid of the Stang, you may not find the ability to get back into a muscle car for a long time.
Mach was over in 1983 (non-drivable)... scored the GT in 2009... Yup. Sound about right.... Took me a LOOONNNGG time!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:48 AM
mewsician2

Give it a lot of thought, before you sell it.
Before the wife and kids came along, I had a sweet 63 1/2 Fairlane, lots of mods, and fun as hell.
I sold it, bought an impala, and every time I saw a cool mustang, vette, or any other fun car, I'd get sad, and now that I'm older, got my Mustang, and I'm having so much fun driving it, I keep wondering, why on earth I sold my Fairlane, I could've been enjoying that car all these years, and it would be worth a bundle now!

Think long, and hard, before you get rid of it, just let it be your car, the wife can drive the mini van, and you can take that on family outings.

How are you gonna feel if you sell it, then you see some guy your age driving a cool Stang?
Think about it, that's all I'm sayin'!
Good luck.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

I agree with everyone so far in the fact that I don't know when I will get another sports car, or even a mustang. When I picked up a Scion, that happened. I regretted my Scion purchase and went back to a mustang. Just looking for ways to cut some cost in some way or form since the car cost just a hair under $600 a month. Thats really what I am asking - someone to take over the payments.

Being the way things are, it is hard to find expenses to cut. I guess I am just looking for a quick get away- however I am unsure if and when they could happen.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:58 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Looks like you've pretty much made up your mind no matter what we say. I say, do what you think is best but remember you will always kick yourself for not keeping your project car.
Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Been thinking...