Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortech S3 N/I or Saleen Stage two? Headed for Bren AM 6/19

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:58 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by STANMAN
Congrats, and yeah, their Dyno is already in the new building. I come to get my car on Monday. Again, lol. Their customer service is second to none, and the accomodations at the guest house ROCK. Glad you went with the Saleen, you won't be dissapointed. Did you happen to see my car lurking about while you were there???
Thanks much. Now I'm off to work Monday to rebuild my savings account before the wife finds out. I don't recall seeing your car there . I was at the house all day cat knapping. I never got back into their shop area, I am assuming it was there. You are right I am not disappointed. If anything at age 44 a little apprehensive of the car with all that torque. It's unlike anything I have ever owned to date. They figure I should be able to hit low 12's on a good track. If this is 12, can you imagine what it would be like in the Castrol Force Car? DAG!!!!!!!!!!!! And John is way oder than I am.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:06 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05redfirepearlGT
Thanks much. Now I'm off to work Monday to rebuild my savings account before the wife finds out. I don't recall seeing your car there . I was at the house all day cat knapping. I never got back into their shop area, I am assuming it was there. You are right I am not disappointed. If anything at age 44 a little apprehensive of the car with all that torque. It's unlike anything I have ever owned to date. They figure I should be able to hit low 12's on a good track. If this is 12, can you imagine what it would be like in the Castrol Force Car? DAG!!!!!!!!!!!! And John is way oder than I am.
Yep, get some DR's and hit the track, that's when you really feel the power, otherwise it's just up in smoke. Congrats again.

And, being older like myself (I am 35), have you ever had customer service this good? I mean Brenspeed is now the standard I rate all others against, and that's going to be hard on the rest of the shops out there, because it just doesn't get better.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:20 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Yep, get some DR's and hit the track, that's when you really feel the power, otherwise it's just up in smoke. Congrats again.

And, being older like myself (I am 35), have you ever had customer service this good? I mean Brenspeed is now the standard I rate all others against, and that's going to be hard on the rest of the shops out there, because it just doesn't get better.
I agree. Brent and the gang took a chapter from the Nordstrom company and built upon it. They are great. The service is top notch, they keep on top of everything from their inventory to their web-site. Some web-sites you go to have pricing in them that is years old. You don't find outuntil you get a quote from then. Not with Brenspeed!!!!! The price is the price.

I work in field service asa LAser Service technician for my company. We sharge 180.00 per hour for our labor fees (no travel fees, expenses charged). I give 110% to my customers to assist them with their needs. I listen to them, play "verbal punching bag" for them when they have frustration built up over a breakdown, I assit them, and if I don;t know an answer I get it and then follow up. That is what these guys do. I expect no less from my service providers than what I give in my job service wise to my customers. Brenspeed does this. Have a great night. I am going to dream of low ET's and high trap speeds!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Grats the blower purchase! I have no major complaints about my non-IC V3 $3800 kit. There is nothing else on the market for the money that will yield 400-415rwhp. The ONLY time I've ever noticed any appreciable power loss is when it was literally over 100 degrees outside a couple weeks ago with a cloudless sky, and I was driving around at 2pm. And the car was still fast, just not quite AS fast. I'd estimate it was down maybe 30rwhp, leaving me with around 370 (the horror, lol). Otherwise its been ***** to the wall, no issues. It was so friggin hot that day that even with the IC, I'd have been down power, just not to the same extent. Lets put it this way, it was hot enough to bubble up the clearcoat on my CF hood (which I'll be removing tomorrow as a result).

Good luck with the new setup!

Last edited by Mudflap; 06-19-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Didn't realize you were my age, will be 44 a couple months. You say many things same as me, this is the most powerful car I have ever owned, and probably driven for that matter. It is a little intimidating at first, but you will soon be used to the power and handle it... that being said always respect it, I make sure I don't get too cocky!

I have been to the strip a couple times... traction is a major problem on street tires. I have a softer Nitto with 275 in back, and the best I have gotten out of about 15 runs is a 12.65 at 110 mph. I have gotten pretty consistent with lots of 12.8 and 12.9, but for a s/c car that is a bit embarrassing, might need a driver mod too LOL. I feel comfortable saying it could run 11.9 or 12 easy enough with dr's. Here is a link to a 12.9 run, and a few others http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTkdK...eature=channel , gotta love the whine! Oh here is another taken shortly after install, I need to transfer it from my kids site... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeq7EwJcgbo
Old 06-20-2009, 06:58 AM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

Toy4Bob - Nice videos. The windshield view was very memorial of my maiden voyage home last night. Amazing what this does for your mental mindset. Its like ... a breast augmentation for men. Does a lot for the youth boost. ! LOL!!! HA! HA! Enjoy. I will be heading to a car show this morning. Most in Cinti area have whipple, or centri style blowers if they are runing F/I. This will get a little attention. See ya!!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 08:29 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Yeah, at car shows Saleens do get attention because you ca'n't really see the blower snout. Once you get a super shaker though, the gig is up, lol. I haven't had mine to a show yet with the shaker, but I can't wait. There won't be another supershaker painted body color to match I am guessing!!
Old 06-20-2009, 08:38 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

And Toy4Bob, love the track video, the E-body Mopars are, to me, the best looking cars ever made. Sublime lime is also my favorite color, lol.

I ran a 12.5 @115 last year with the garbage Nitto DR's (at this power level, the Nitto's are marginal at best) with a 1.8 60'. This year I have some very large Mickeys, so traction isn't an issue. The MPH is there for 11's, put the traction wasn't, this year shoudln't be a problem.

As far as the power level, to me it seems like a stock mustang only faster, I mean yeah the rear end likes to fishtail a little more, but it is a very mild mannered fast car. Then again, I have driven fast cars my whole life that were way more squirrely than the Stang. I have had a 71 Challenger and 73 Duster, both with 340 4 speeds, and they acted like old muscle cars, lol. And then I had an 05 Neon SRT4 that took 3rd at the 2006 Nationals that ran a 11.6@121. FWD and 11's, now THAT'S something you have to be careful with. That car was a rush, and a chore, to drive. Makes the Mustang seem like a dream to handle!!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Love the car stanman, looks frigging awesome. I saw your SS installed thread, I assume you had the Saleen previously with "last years" info, but just added the SS kit?

Yea, a friend of mine is rebuilding his third mopar, that challenger in vids was his first, he sold last fall a redone GTX and is in the middle of a dart (I think)... not really a mopar guy myself. But he has done some good work, I think he sold the GTX for over 30k. Oh, and he has a built 415 in the Challenger. The second run against him I only beat him by .24 or so, but he was still buying the beer!

I drove a V6 2001 for 6 years, and thought holy chit when I upgraded to my GT. Then when holy chit as much again when I added the SS in Feb of this year. Now I am thinking about going to a 3.4 pulley, BAP, and HTO plugs to squeeze a few more hp out ... LOL. I gotta stop this.

Last edited by Toy4Bob; 06-20-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:14 PM
05redfirepearlGT
1st Gear Member

And Toy4Bob, love the track video, the E-body Mopars are, to me, the best looking cars ever made. Sublime lime is also my favorite color, lol.

And then I had an 05 Neon SRT4 that took 3rd at the 2006 Nationals that ran a 11.6@121. FWD and 11's, now THAT'S something you have to be careful with. That car was a rush, and a chore, to drive. Makes the Mustang seem like a dream to handle!!!!
I've seen those little SRT4 Neons all "jacked up" running low twelves at the track. There is a girl around here that has a red one. I got put next to her on TT night in my old 02. New I was in trouble when her helmet went on and I heard the blow off valve during her burn out. I jumped her onthe line but it was all over including the singing @ the 1/8 mile mark. All tail lights. Just curious how much punishment those little 4 bangers can take between rebuilds.

Quick Reply: Vortech S3 N/I or Saleen Stage two? Headed for Bren AM 6/19