Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 leather seat wear. (warranty)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:34 AM
mustangbillyb

I have a similar wear spot on my drivers seat..took it to my dealer and was told there wasn't anything they could do..so.. saving up to by newer and nicer seat covering and I did let ford know I wasn't happy..all the good that will do..good luck with yours.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:48 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Well considering how bad that scrape is, if I was Ford I wouldn't pay either. It looks like something rough was constantly rubbed against that spot over time. It seems pretty obvious. Sorry!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:28 PM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

The leather , if you want to call it that, sucks in these cars. My last 3 cars have been leather interior and this is the worst out of all of them. You can try bringing it to an auto upholstery shop and see what they say. I would get some seat covers also.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:04 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

thats the reason i went with cloth. I had leather in my 05 f150, with in 8 months it already looked 4 years old. I love leather seats and it was actually harder to find what i wanted at the dealership with out the leather. If i ever do make the switch to leather it wont be fords crap.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:56 AM
DarkGaV6
2nd Gear Member

well I am looking at getting some new covers in the future. Maybe something two toned like in the gt 500's.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:04 PM
zombiehouse

It may be cheaper to just get the kit from Newtakeoff. It is an easy swap and you only need to replace that one part. Keep the rest as backup.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by zombiehouse
It may be cheaper to just get the kit from Newtakeoff. It is an easy swap and you only need to replace that one part. Keep the rest as backup.
I don't see what you are saying.

The seat cover on these are ONE piece. There is no rest of it.
FYI they only have 2010 year model seat covers from what I see... and only in charcoal.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

Do you mean covers, as in covers that go over the existing stuff? Or do you mean new covers as in you take off the leather and put new leather on? I would say yes to the latter.

My friend re-did his 1991 300zx TT with new leathers from leatherseats or something on ebay. Best leather I have seen. All he needed was some hog rings and a clamp tool for them. His wife also did all the swede in the car as well.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:00 PM
mikes08gt

Wow, I am amazed they gave you a hard time replacing the seat cover. I recently had an issue with my driver seat and they replaced both the lower cover as well as the back with just a little persuading. My back part of the seat was all worn and the foam was totally compressed. When the rep came to look at it he agreed that the seat back was defective, I told him if they replace it it's probably not going to match the lower cushion, the lower part was ok, it did have some wear marks in it and a burn or 2 on it, but he said he would see what he could do, I threw him $20 and he agreed to replace both parts.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:36 PM
NJ09GT
2nd Gear Member

My old Monte Carlo had SIGNIFICANT seat wear, at least in my opinion - It was like yours at the time about a year and a half with 20k miles and was told if it ripped it is covered, I had to get the service manager because (it was almost about to rip) and I was furious that this would happen, he agreed it's more than normal wear and tear. It never ended up ripping.

Just try calling the service manager and letting him know your fustration. I also found out a new seat for the Monte Carlo (power/heated) would've been upwards of $500 or so if im not mistaken at the time.

Quick Reply: 08 leather seat wear. (warranty)