Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 leather seat wear. (warranty)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

I had the same problem with my seat on my 07 last year. I was covered and got a new seat back cover. Took the dealer 5 hours to replace it. The seat cover does not come with the holes for the head rest, they had to cut those at the dealer ship. Mine was covered. Took 5 weeks to get the replacement cover. But it was replaced and I did not pay a penny.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:21 PM
GTItoGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Leoleo
I had the same problem with my seat on my 07 last year. I was covered and got a new seat back cover. Took the dealer 5 hours to replace it. The seat cover does not come with the holes for the head rest, they had to cut those at the dealer ship. Mine was covered. Took 5 weeks to get the replacement cover. But it was replaced and I did not pay a penny.

Yeah I decided to detail my car over the weekend and discovered i have the same issue. I have an 08 w/ red and the seat back lower left side has creases which i consider normal but they have the beginnings of cracks which i was very unhappy to see. I use meguiers leather conditioner. I dont know what else to do. glad I spent the $$$ to get the red leather interior of my dreams.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:17 PM
rodknock95

Originally Posted by GTItoGT
Yeah I decided to detail my car over the weekend and discovered i have the same issue. I have an 08 w/ red and the seat back lower left side has creases which i consider normal but they have the beginnings of cracks which i was very unhappy to see. I use meguiers leather conditioner. I dont know what else to do. glad I spent the $$$ to get the red leather interior of my dreams.
A 35 year service upholstery guy here in central Missouri, told me not to use any of those products and use straight mineral oil. I have used that for many years now and my old Lincoln Mark VIII's leather still looks new. He did tell me Armor All was the worst because of its vegetable oil base.

Blaze
Old 08-05-2009, 05:01 PM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Must be dealer-specific. I have the same wear in the same area (lower left outside area of upper seat back with creases and wear down to ruff surface of leather). I also have an area on the lower cover where the color is rubbing off the seats. I stopped by the dealershio today expecting them to hit me with the "normal wear and tear", but was pleasantly suprised as they ordered a new upper and lower leather for my drivers side seat, under the factory warranty. I would suggest trying another dealership if you still have a warranty and get the "normal wear and tear schpeal......
Old 08-05-2009, 07:27 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Must be dealer-specific. I have the same wear in the same area (lower left outside area of upper seat back with creases and wear down to ruff surface of leather). I also have an area on the lower cover where the color is rubbing off the seats. I stopped by the dealershio today expecting them to hit me with the "normal wear and tear", but was pleasantly suprised as they ordered a new upper and lower leather for my drivers side seat, under the factory warranty. I would suggest trying another dealership if you still have a warranty and get the "normal wear and tear schpeal......
congrats, that's awesome!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:37 PM
DarkGaV6
2nd Gear Member

Thanks I might just try that.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:30 PM
DarkGaV6
2nd Gear Member

How about a update. I went to a different dealer today. This time I went to one of the bigger ones around. They actully took the time to take a picture and email ford. The short of the story is I have a new cover being ordered, expected delivery in one week. I'll up date once it's installed. Anyways it's being taken care of. ;-)