Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick brake question

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 11:49 AM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Every post? Hmm, looks like I've got a lot of editing to do.

Seriously though, this is the first time I can recall you corecting me on something. If I'm in the wrong, go ahead and call me on it, I'm a big boy, I can take it. I usually don't post on a subject unless I'm pretty confident I'm correct about it. In this case I was clearly wrong, but it was based on what seemed like a logical assumtion to me. Obviously I shouldn't make assumptions. I guess part of my error was due to a lake of understanding what the purpose is of a larger rotor, without larger pads would be. Heat dissipation? Maybe an explanation would benifit more than just me.

Like most members, I'm here to learn. If I'm wrong, please, correct me. If there are currently active posts I've mislead someone on, please say so, and I'd be glad to edit. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Last edited by digitalcos; 07-10-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:47 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by digitalcos
Every post? Hmm, looks like I've got a lot of editing to do.

Seriously though, this is the first time I can recall you corecting me on something. If I'm in the wrong, go ahead and call me on it, I'm a big boy, I can take it. I usually don't post on a subject unless I'm pretty confident I'm correct about it. In this case I was clearly wrong, but it was based on what seemed like a logical assumtion to me. Obviously I shouldn't make assumptions. I guess part of my error was due to a lake of understanding what the purpose is of a larger rotor, without larger pads would be. Heat dissipation? Maybe an explanation would benifit more than just me.

Like most members, I'm here to learn. If I'm wrong, please, correct me. If there are currently active posts I've mislead someone on, please say so, and I'd be glad to edit. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
Its called heat disipation and leverage.
The farther out from the pivot point, the more the stopping leverage.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:25 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Understood. Again, I apologize for the error.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:35 PM
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

It's good I've got the new calipers, I painted my current ones and it is chipping bc I didn't clean them well enough. So don't feel bad about making me spend alllll that extra money ;p