Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xcal2 tune file update

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 11:16 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Default xcal2 tune file update

I wanted to post this thread because I recently got some new tunes from Doug.
He updated my tunes with 3.73 gears and the C&L CAI.
Doug will want the serial # on the back of your xcal2 and the files he will send you are cef files, not the ll3 files. He told me SCT started this about a week ago.
You will need to download liveload ford from the SCT website to install these cef file tunes on your xcal2. Once you have the update, your tuner will accept ll3 files and cef files. Also, you can load the tunes in slots 1&2, but there's not enough room to load a tune in slot 3. You guys may already know this, but I wanted to share. As usual, his tunes are great.

FOR THE FORD X2 9400:
*Installing the Software, if already installed skip to the next step*
•Make sure the device is not plugged in.
•Go to your Email, and save the tune files that were sent to you. For the location, select the desktop.
•Go to our Tech Support page, click on Device Updates and Downloads. For drop down 1, pick the X2 Ford - P/N 9400, For Drop down 2, select Device Update software, hit Search. Click on "Click Here to Download" next to the top Program Listed: Liveload 3. Then run and install the Liveload Program.

*Loading the Custom tunes onto the X2*
•Now that the Liveload 3 software is Installed, let's open it up. To find it, Press Start / Then All Programs / Then look for the SCT Category / You should see Liveload in the list.
•Once Opened, Click on the "BROWSE" button, then browse to the location that you saved the tune files to. (Should be the desktop)
•Click on the first file, and press open
•This will bring you back to the Liveload Window, Select the file position, and type a Name for the tune file
•Once the file position is selected and the Tune Name is populated, press the Add File button at the button, this will add the tune file to your tuner.
•For More than one tune file, repeat this process