Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Dealer Dilema tell me what you would do..

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

See, this type of experience is exactly what is wrong with the car business. Makes feel like you are begging... when in fact they should be bending over backwards to make you happy after dropping that kind of $.. Pisses me off. Be persistent and yes don't settle until you are happy. To the guy who does not get a call back on the status of a car that was ordered--- I would call the sales manager-- leave a message that you are ar thinking of canceling your order-- see how fast he calls you back.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:59 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

See..it's the dealers and how their staff are trained and how much emphasis is placed on customer satisfaction. I have been taking my car to the same dealer since I had trouble with a different in my area. They are fantastic. They now service my girls car as well. Bought the new 2010 from them and they contact me with updates. I have called only a few times back to them...more out of my frustration..not with them, but with Ford. I always get a response the same day from my salesman..unless it was his day off.

So I am not sure if my experience with my dealer is the out of the ordinary or if yours is...

I do know that the local Chevy dealer, those guys were total ****** about everything from the Camaro I wanted to drive to the 2008 Impala I drive as my DD. It's a fight with them about eveything....
Old 07-13-2009, 07:38 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Question on the remotes..he giving you the keys with the rmote built on the key or the seperate remotes? They should be built right into the key. Don't settle!!
the key type remotes!!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:11 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Update1: I Met with the body guy from the for dealer he took pics of the scraped valance and damaged rubber molding. He looked up to see if the valance part was available for the 2010 it wasnt, only the 2009 came up. so they are going to remove the part fix the damage prime it sand it paint it and reassemble it also they will replace the rubber molding that was damaged further back under the car.

Update 2: went down to the dealer yesterday and got my remotes. Turns out they are not the key type but remote only. somewhere along the lines they lost my key remotes ... but im not gonna complain any further i can open my doors and trunk and sound the alarm with these so as far as i'm concerned case closed!

Last edited by dominant1; 07-15-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:07 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by dominant1
Update 2: went down to the dealer yesterday and got my remotes. Turns out they are not the key type but remote only. somewhere along the lines they lost my key remotes ... but im not gonna complain any further i can open my doors and trunk and sound the alarm with these so as far as i'm concerned case closed!
I am sure it really doesn't matter as long as you have your remotes. I asked my salesman today and he says mine is the remote built into the keys and then he asked why I wanted to know. I explained to him what happened to you and he says someone screwed you out of the correct keys ($175 a piece via Ford).
Old 07-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I would have thought we'd have heard about a new "remote key" by now...

Just remember to never believe anything a salesman says! I am through treating them like the way I treat everyone, and giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Is there a website where we can launch complaints about these poor dealerships with Ford Corp?
Or is that something that has to be done through mail or phone?

And as usual, if anyone getting a 2010 Mustang finds a GOOD dealership be sure to let us know!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:05 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I am sure it really doesn't matter as long as you have your remotes. I asked my salesman today and he says mine is the remote built into the keys and then he asked why I wanted to know. I explained to him what happened to you and he says someone screwed you out of the correct keys ($175 a piece via Ford).
Makes me wonder, what can a dealer do with a key designed to fit only 1 vehicle?.......
And if their intention was to screw me out of the key why would they give me a loaner car to use that had correct key knowing that they were gonna give me the regular type keys ......

Last edited by dominant1; 07-15-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Orion_240

Just remember to never believe anything a salesman says! I am through treating them like the way I treat everyone, and giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Is there a website where we can launch complaints about these poor dealerships with Ford Corp?
Or is that something that has to be done through mail or phone?

And as usual, if anyone getting a 2010 Mustang finds a GOOD dealership be sure to let us know!
When I was in LA about a month ago, I stopped at Galpin Ford. I was hnest with them and told them that I already had a car, that I was just looking cause I saw they had a Boss remake. They were extrememly friendly, let me test drive a few different cars, showed me all the colors they had. If they treated me that well I would assume they would treat a real potential buyer well also... Have you tried them??
Old 07-15-2009, 06:26 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by dominant1
Makes me wonder, what can a dealer do with a key designed to fit only 1 vehicle?.......
And if their intention was to screw me out of the key why would they give me a loaner car to use that had correct key knowing that they were gonna give me the regular type keys ......
I wonder if they did in fact lose or misplace your keys....
Old 07-15-2009, 06:32 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Orion_240
Here is what the key looks like....

Last edited by wilkinda; 10-07-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Possible Dealer Dilema tell me what you would do..