Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux on the radio - shaker 500

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Aux

I have been researching this exact question. It appears the Brandmotion kit is the best one to go with. I think it's $179.95. Check out their web site.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:45 PM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

Does this thing work on the 1st video Ipod?
I like the idea of this a lot. Its almost exactly what I was looking for. I will be up for buying the system but does anyone know where they can get really cheap. I am a college student and $200 is a lot of pizza dinners. haha.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:59 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by LordRipberger
Hello,

I have a 2006 v6 Mustang and I would like utilize the AUX button on my radio. I spoke to the Ford Dealership and they said the jack for the AUX is on the back of the sterio. That doesn't make any sense to me, why they would do that, but whaterver.
The stealerships are electrical IDIOTS. He told you something that is incorrect. Period.
If it dont make sense, it probably is not true....
Buy the FORD item below then throw that in their face....

I would like to find a setup that looks nice so that all I have to do it plug my ipod into something, push the AUX button and have my music play on my car speakers. If I can avoid cutting my dash or having a bunch of loose wires hanging around, that would be ideal. But I am open minded. Let me know what you did and any options you know of. Thank you.
What you want is the FORD TripTunes , $60 available thru www.mossmuscle.com.

Last edited by 157dB; 08-13-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 AM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

Does this setup use the standard radio to choose songs and such or do you control the music selection with the ipod?

Any other suggestions? I really appreciate everyone's input so far.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:23 AM
RoushGT
1st Gear Member

The trip tunes adds an auxilary jack to your radio, you still control the ipod with its own controls. The brand motion allows you to control your ipod from the head unit and allows you to search by song title, album, artist and playlist. It can be a little cumbersome at first until you memorize what buttons on your head unit control which functions of the ipod.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:43 AM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

I like the cheaper option of the triptunes. But I would prefer the cleanliness of the brandmotion. Does anyone know where I can get one cheap? I really dont' want to spead 200 on a ipod hookup. Or does someone have a used one they are not using anymore?

I am still open for any futher suggestions if they are out there.

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I still haven't heard anyone confirm or deny if the pre-'07 Shakers have an aux input jack on the rear of the HU as the OP was told by his Ford dealer (although that in itself should tell me it's not true). If there IS one, it would be a cinch with the exception of getting to the rear of the HU to plug in an audio cable and route it to wherever.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:06 AM
RoushGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I still haven't heard anyone confirm or deny if the pre-'07 Shakers have an aux input jack on the rear of the HU as the OP was told by his Ford dealer (although that in itself should tell me it's not true). If there IS one, it would be a cinch with the exception of getting to the rear of the HU to plug in an audio cable and route it to wherever.

There is not an aux jack on my 06 Shaker 500. I have had the head unit out a few times, including when I installed my ipod adapter.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:29 AM
ICIBUY
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RoushGT
There is not an aux jack on my 06 Shaker 500. I have had the head unit out a few times, including when I installed my ipod adapter.
Thanks for the confirmation.... I really did not want to take the HU out just to see if it actually had a damn output on it! Thanks again!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:39 AM
RoushGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ICIBUY
Thanks for the confirmation.... I really did not want to take the HU out just to see if it actually had a damn output on it! Thanks again!

No problem. These new Ford radios are a PITA to get out. I loved the last generation where you just stuck the little 'keys' in and pulled it right out.

Oh well...

Quick Reply: Aux on the radio - shaker 500