Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 01:15 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

Default Car Cover

What is the best car cover money can buy?
Right now I am looking at WeatherShield & Sunbrela, with myself leaning towards WeatherShield.

Old 07-07-2005, 02:58 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Car Cover

I went with the genuine Ford car cover for mine. Here's the thread with my review of it: https://mustangforums.com/m_582800/m.../tm.htm#582800

It seems to absorb much more dirt and brake dust from the wheels and tires than the one I used to use on my Honda S2000. And it shows more wrinkles.

But it fits nice and stays in place, plus it rolls up into a reasonably small bundle to toss into the trunk.

When you get yours, tell us what you came up with and what its good and bad points are. But don't expect much feedback on this forum, nobody had much to say when I asked about car covers.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

My car cover has room for both of my cars and is permanently attached to my house... I keep my lawn mower and Christmas lights there too...
Old 07-07-2005, 04:43 PM
gettna05!
2nd Gear Member

But can you then roll it up into a reasonably small bundle and throw in your trunk? Heck no! Take the lawnmower out. Everyone knows no lawnmower will fit in a Mustang trunk!
Old 07-07-2005, 06:55 PM
azguy

I've thought about getting a cover also, but wonder how long before I would get tired of putting it on and taking it off. Has anyone seen a cover for the Mustang that just fits over the roof and windows? A friend of mine has one like that for his Corvette. really nice and easy to put on and remove. When I tried to search for one online I could find nothing. The site he purchased from only sells for Corvettes.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:37 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azguy

I've thought about getting a cover also, but wonder how long before I would get tired of putting it on and taking it off. Has anyone seen a cover for the Mustang that just fits over the roof and windows?
I know a guy who cut up a full cover to make a smaller one like that to cover his Viper. Apparently he didn't mind throwing money away...

I covered my S2000 religiously whenever parked outside and no chance of rain. I never really got tired of doing it. There isn't much difference between that and doing it for my Mustang now. I just plan on taking the two minutes when I park the car and two more minutes when I want to drive it, knowing how good my paint will look ten years from now. If I were only planning to keep the car five years or less I wouldn't bother. Plus it has a side effect of keeping the interior cooler on hot days.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azguy

I've thought about getting a cover also, but wonder how long before I would get tired of putting it on and taking it off. Has anyone seen a cover for the Mustang that just fits over the roof and windows? A friend of mine has one like that for his Corvette. really nice and easy to put on and remove. When I tried to search for one online I could find nothing. The site he purchased from only sells for Corvettes.
My father had a car cover like that. Kept it in the garage, mainly to keep the cats from destroying the paint or the nice detail job I used to give his '71 vert. I think he just got it at a fabric shop. It was a heavy, washable cotton that we just rolled up like a carpet each time. It was easy to use, not having the hassle of dealing with the corners, mirrors, etc. Just call a good fabric store and see if they have dine anything like that.