Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prayers Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 12:44 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Is this the friction modifier your talking about?.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=6930
Old 09-03-2009, 01:32 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Yes. Oriley's carries something equivalent (exact same bottle) as well.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:46 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Default How to change Gear oil:

Here is the link

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...ial-fluid.html
Old 09-03-2009, 01:51 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

If you decide to do the gear oil change, do yourself a favor and spend the 8 bucks and buy the oil dispenser pump from Orileys. You will save yourself a lot of spilling. It looks exactly like a soap dispenser but somewhat bigger, with couple of extensions to reach to the bottom of the royal purple bottle (you need to use the large extension). It takes about 40 pumps to empty one bottle. Use it for the modifier as well.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:07 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vasman
If you decide to do the gear oil change, do yourself a favor and spend the 8 bucks and buy the oil dispenser pump from Orileys. You will save yourself a lot of spilling. It looks exactly like a soap dispenser but somewhat bigger, with couple of extensions to reach to the bottom of the royal purple bottle (you need to use the large extension). It takes about 40 pumps to empty one bottle. Use it for the modifier as well.
Thanks V!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:08 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Break-in is not necessary. I have 8500 miles on my 3.73s and they don't have any whine at all. I just followed my installers instructions. He drove it first after install for about 4 miles. I asked about break-in and he said he just did it. LOL.

He is a well known Mustang expert in metro Detroit. His shop works on all Ford performance vehicles.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Pete_Rockett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
Break-in is not necessary. I have 8500 miles on my 3.73s and they don't have any whine at all. I just followed my installers instructions. He drove it first after install for about 4 miles. I asked about break-in and he said he just did it. LOL.

He is a well known Mustang expert in metro Detroit. His shop works on all Ford performance vehicles.

Surgery was a complete success! I had taken it to Dugan's Racing for the work and asked the question about break-in. His answer was "Go to the end of the driveway, turn left or right, and have fun!"

I will still tend to take it easy while I get the feel for this, but the initial impression is that it was worth every penny I paid. As my sig line says: I haven't smiled this much in a long time!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:29 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pete_Rockett
Surgery was a complete success! I had taken it to Dugan's Racing for the work and asked the question about break-in. His answer was "Go to the end of the driveway, turn left or right, and have fun!"

I will still tend to take it easy while I get the feel for this, but the initial impression is that it was worth every penny I paid. As my sig line says: I haven't smiled this much in a long time!

Great news! I can't wait to ditch my 3.31's! Next week if I luck out and all my parts arive on time.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:41 AM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Congratz on the 3.73 they are a lot of fun.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Pete_Rockett
2nd Gear Member

It is pretty amazing how much difference the change makes in the way it drives, even on the commute to work this morning. It's like the tune and everything just came together to give me this smooth, POWERFUL car. Awesome.

Quick Reply: Prayers Needed