Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?'s: wireless bluetooth stereo, iphone 3.0, HTC phones

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:02 AM
ttiguy

Default ?'s: wireless bluetooth stereo, iphone 3.0, HTC phones

It's new cell phone time so I'm debating whether or not to get a Iphone w/ 3.0 OS or get an HTC android phone. Anyone use either in the stang? Any problems (calls,music,text)?

Specifically I'm wondering if anyone is using the SYNC wireless bluetooth stereo function in the '10's. How is the sound quality compared to the std USB line-in. Is the volume locked on either the phone or head unit? Or do they both allow volume adj (thats bad IMO)? Is it easier/better just to plug a flash drive in?

Does it always connect or need to be re-"sync"ed often. My '08 edge had an early sync rel and the phone wouldn't wirelessly connect half the time.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:46 PM
PonyRider98
2nd Gear Member

well, I have a Samsung Instinct paired to my stang, and I havent had any problems. The only thing that I dont like about bluetooth audio is that the volume isnt as loud as it would be from another source. I have tested my other phone (iPhone 3g) paired to the car, but I prefer using the Sync USB connection. USB sounds better to me, plus you get all of the song information listed on the radio screen, whereas with bluetooth audio, you need to know what song is playing because the display shows "bluetooth audio". I do like being able to control the skip song and volume controls on the steering wheel, but the volume is what kind of kills it for me. You do have to have the volume turned up on the phone, and you have to adjust it using the shaker system. As far as call quality, they both sound the same to me, I did have to turn the volume up on the shaker system to really hear the caller though. Sync just reconnects to your phone when you get in the car, with no problems. Mine always connects with no issues. I hope that helped. Also, if you want to see which phone may be better, check phonescoop.com to compare the phone specs and see which one would be better for you.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
grettann

I have a Blackberry 8830 with a 4GB SD card installed and loaded with music. I have no problems connecting to the phone from the car and playing back the music in stereo. I have not tried controlling the volume with the Blackberry but it works just fine via the steering wheel. As to sound quality I have not had any issues and I would assume the quality would be the same as an MP3 file coming through the USB.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Hoofprint
2nd Gear Member

I have a T-Mobile G1 (HTC/Google). No issues with the bluetooth. I can make and receive phone calls and stream music.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
BlueBellThunder
2nd Gear Member

I have the iphone with 3.0 update and it works fine. Bluetooth audio sometimes skips, so I just use the usb, and leave it in the center console. As far as Bluetooth for phone calls you just have to pair it once and as long as bluetooth is turned on the iphone it will automaticly detect it. And for music you need to let the stereo index all you songs which might take a few minutes. Once you have indexed all songs you can use the voice controls the play all your music
Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 PM
ttiguy

Anyone know if it's possible to have 2 devices connected via bluetooth? An example would be a simple cell phone for calls and an Ipod touch for music.

Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
. Bluetooth audio sometimes skips, so I just use the usb, and leave it in the center console.
what causes bluetooth audio to skip? does it sound like a skipping cd?
Old 09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by ttiguy
Anyone know if it's possible to have 2 devices connected via bluetooth? An example would be a simple cell phone for calls and an Ipod touch for music.

what causes bluetooth audio to skip? does it sound like a skipping cd?
I have a Blackberry Storm for calls and an iPod Touch for my music..no issues