Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice, opinions, or whatever on 05 GT?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 04:32 PM
08SilverStang
1st Gear Member

Hahahaha man dude I can imagine it must be pretty bad! Yeah I know you are ready for a V8 for some real American muscle.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:07 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Sounds like a pretty decent deal to me - I didn't really have too many issues with my 05 at all. The mod bug sucks though - I've had it since I bought the car
Old 10-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

The mod bug will suck your wallet dry and in the end, you probably won't get your money back out of the mods... but then, are you going to make it 'yours' regardless, or be like every stock GT out there? *yawn*

I say that because my husband likes to buy 'investment' cars - something pretty much turn key, or maybe 85% and finish them, then he drives them a little while, sells them for a little profit. He can.not. get his head around my way of thinking:

Me - I think a car is a blank slate, and the mods for the S197s are almost endless... you'll love it - especially if its already speaking to you. ;->

I think it price is right on that car given the low miles. I'm going to guess it was a program car, which means the owner or someone higher up at the dealership had the priveledge of driving it and had to keep it under x number of miles or something. I looked at an 07 vert with 45k on it, and crap! They wanted 17 grand for it! That was 8 months ago and they STILL have the car. Said it was a program car, and the dealers 'wife' drove it. You could see where fake chick nails had scarred up the side of the seat where the seat controls are. Problem is-my boss represents the owners wife in their divorce... ahem. I know damn good and well his 'wife' wasn't the woman driving that car.

I'll shut up now.

Last edited by Batenswytch; 10-11-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Sure it has low miles but a high sticker price. I'd pass... A better deal will come, just be patient.

Honestly I don't even know why I post in these types of threads anymore. The OP always does what they want in the end anyways.

So with that, have fun with your new/old LL Mustang.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:02 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

that is alot of money for a 5yr old car IMO

sure, it has 6,000 miles...but the 2010 models are on the street, and a all new 2011 GT is coming. The value of used GT's has taken a huge kick in the nuts. The 05-09's are just not holding their values that well.

Bank is probably going to tell you this as well, but they prefer people buy "late model" cars...especially when you are financing that sort of $$$. You are probably going to get hit with a higher % than normal due to the cars age. Expect at least 7-8% interest with decent credit.

if that is the case, you could be looking at payments that would be more than a 1-2 yr old car for about $20,000 with a 3-4% interest rate.

it's all a numbers game. I personally would walk. Winter is coming, and in some places already here. People will be ****ting a brick to sell their Mustangs once the snow flies. Just be a bit patient and you'll find a nice car.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

I can freely admit I have rethought my position on if this is a fair price. An initial look at KBB.com showed it to be 'about right'.

However, I remember my car dealer husband telling me he feels KBB usually gives high estimates, so I checked NADA.com this morning:

http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.a...&da=-1&mi=6000

It may or may not be a fair price. I would most deffinately haggle hard. If they've had that car that long, surely they're ready to do some dealing-but then again, maybe not.

I was basis my intial comments on a knee-jerk reaction - I've been shopping for my dad an S197 GT and the individual listings I've found have that car in the $20s w/36-45k and more on them - They don't seem to take a hit until 85k or so. Of course, that doesn't mean folks are GETTING that for their cars....
Old 10-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

I usually follow Edmunds. They are more consumer friendly.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2005/for...80/prices.html
Old 10-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Originally Posted by Boozshey
I usually follow Edmunds. They are more consumer friendly.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2005/for...80/prices.html
+1 They also have some really good write ups on about any given car...
Old 10-11-2009, 11:09 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

For used cars, price them at Edmunds when buying, and at KBB when selling.

To the OP, make sure to take it for a long test drive.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:16 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
First thing I'll have to do it throw down alittle money to fix my "mod itch"!

the mod itch never goes away..lol

Quick Reply: Advice, opinions, or whatever on 05 GT?!