Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Switch Bulb

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, just a quarter turn and it pops out. Nifty. If I can't find it at a store, I'll probably call the dealership on Monday and see how much they want to rape me for it :P I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:11 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

I know the light switch is $103, so I would guess no less than $20 for that light.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Well no luck with the local dealership. The parts didn't even know what the hell he was looking at. He tried searching the computer but didn't yield any results. Even went to the back to see if he could match it up.

So pretty much if I desperately need the bulb, then I have to order a whole switch. F that. If worst comes to worst, I'll just call up some junkyards and see if any new Mustangs have come in

Unless someone wants to give me theirs?
Old 10-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

That sukz. Bulb goes south and you have to buy the complete switch. I'm sure SOMEBODY makes that bulb assembly! LOL! Just need to dig deeper.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Yeah. I'm just not in a big rush about it. But I'm definately going to search around online and maybe some places around town. If I find anything, I'll post it up.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:49 PM
MalibuJerry350
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Burrosito
Yeah. I'm just not in a big rush about it. But I'm definately going to search around online and maybe some places around town. If I find anything, I'll post it up.
After reading this thread at work last night, I got into my GT and found MY bulb had burned out in the headlight switch! I plan on cutting the old bulb out of the "holder" and adapting the holder to accept a replacement lamp. I have many different miniature and subminiature lamps in stock in our engineering department for use in our broadcast equipment, so it shouldn't be a problem finding one that will work. I'll keep you guys posted as to my progress. When I find the lamp that will fit mechanically and electrically, I'll post the number.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJerry350
After reading this thread at work last night, I got into my GT and found MY bulb had burned out in the headlight switch! I plan on cutting the old bulb out of the "holder" and adapting the holder to accept a replacement lamp. I have many different miniature and subminiature lamps in stock in our engineering department for use in our broadcast equipment, so it shouldn't be a problem finding one that will work. I'll keep you guys posted as to my progress. When I find the lamp that will fit mechanically and electrically, I'll post the number.
Very cool. Let us know what you come up with.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:24 PM
MalibuJerry350
1st Gear Member

Okay, I was able to remove the lamp from the holder by bending the leads straight out at the base of the holder and pulling the lamp (after carefully chipping a small portion of the charred holder, which then freed the lamp). I found a couple of possible replacements on the Radioshack website:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103780

Until I actually visit a Radioshack and examine these lamps, I'm not sure the length of the leads will be sufficient. That's not a big problem as the leads from the old lamp can be soldered to the new one to obtain the proper length. The holder, or "tube" has two "channels", one for reach lead, that run it's entire length. These channels keep the leads separated from each other. Hopefully I'll visit a 'Shack' tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

What illumination are we talking about here? There is no illumination on my headlight switch ****, but the icons on the bezel illuminate.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, the bulb that burnt out light up those icons. It doesn't really bother me, but then again I do like to have everything in good running order on my car.

Quick Reply: Headlight Switch Bulb