Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up a set of Sumitomo htrz III's

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 11:05 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Default Picked up a set of Sumitomo htrz III's

My car was up for inspection and i needed new tires. I went to a NTB and for a 235/55/17 he was all over these tires for a high perfomance car, but wanted 199 a tire. After a good bit of research from nitto, goodyear and the stockers i have these a shot. 99 each off of tire rack and they were at my door next day. The tire is a "3" season tire and i do live in PA where we get some snow and cold but i really dont see it being that big of an issue if i use my head when it cold out since it is my DD.

Yesterday was a great day to go out for a drive. The tires a still new and have the new tire nipples on them but they still deff out perform the stock perrelli's. Ride comfort i dont feel any difference at all. Nosie wise, well i cant hear anything over the exhaust so nothing too wine about here ither. I took it into some nice corners in some backroads instead of trying to see how fast i would be able to go. I tried too keep the speed limit trough some nasty curve where they had est. speed that was about 20mph lower than the normal speed.

I have FRPP K springs and Koni struts and now with these tires night and day difference. It really huged the road. No sliding or even groaning from the tires. A couple times i wanted to slow down a tad but i stayed with it and the car stayed planted the whole time. I have and inexpensive set up with a 55 series tire. Id love to be able to take a car out with a high end set up on it. Thats gotta be a blast to just rip through corners.

Any on else running this tire?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:03 AM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

i have there 285's and 255's and love them, there a nice in-exspensive tire for our cars !!!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:16 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i still wouldnt use them in cold weather...they become very slick under 40 degrees just in normal driving and it will wear the tire out faster too
Old 11-17-2009, 09:33 AM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i am just a little aware of that. This is my first sports car. Ive always had trucks and suvs so im used to trying to roll down the high way with 35" super swapers moaning the whole time. I havnt grasp how important the correct tires are for the right weather/driving style this is kind of a self learning thing and at 100 a tire it didnt hurt the bank much at all.

I also have been in the process of joing the navy, If i decide to go through with it in a few months after boot camp ill be in FL for 7 months for tranning and dont need to worry about cold weather like PA and i get to put my O/R X back on