Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on car

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I bought this '06 V6 with the Pony Package from a Ford dealer this past April. It was used but was cherrie with only 9700 miles on it. He was asking $15,500. Paid $13,500.

Just something to think about...
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on car-06-green-mustang-003.jpg  
Old 11-27-2009, 06:05 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
That deal looks pretty good to me for 3 reasons.
A. Its a premium, so its worth a little more then most of the cheaper GTs you see.
B. Its got 26k miles on it. That is very good for a 05
C. It is CLEAN, thats a dam good condition 05

you could get a cheaper one, but that one is by no means a bad deal. The only wear it even looks like it has is near the power adjustments for the seat, every thing else looks real nice.
I noticed that about the power seats aswell, which lead me to believe maybe the previous owner was a woman (women's rings scratch the hell out of interiors!). That could be a good or bad thing. Maybe she drove it gently becuase she was a woman and doesnt have our adrenoline needs, or maybe she drove it like sht with a lead foot, becuase she was a woman! Lol, just depends...

Originally Posted by dstang10
I don't live under my mommy and since my dad is dead that would be kinda dark in his grave.....but anyways find you a insurance broker thats how i got good rates. Don't just assume that since i'm 22 i'm a spoiled kid with rich parents...I work for everything I have.
I'm just bustin your ***** man. But seriously, 100$ for full coverage is unheard of for me unless your on your parents plan and have nothing working against you. My record is clean, and my 98 v6 auto was about 100$ a month for the absolute cheapest liabilty possible..
Old 11-27-2009, 06:18 PM
cobra0478
1st Gear Member

I agree with Nuke,that is not a good deal,considering the year and miles.
Take your time and look around some.
Check auto trader as well as the for sale adds on this and other Mustang sites.
Don

Last edited by cobra0478; 11-27-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:24 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

people posting in like utah and texas just dont get how much more expensive things are up hear. Especialy well maintained things with good bodies still... he told you he has been watching autotrader and hasnt found much that fits the bill.

dont know if this is going to work:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1259371588781

saw he was in maryland so I did withing 300 miles of Annapolis.... sorted low to high the first on the page is 16,900

Last edited by JDWalton; 11-27-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:30 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
people posting in like utah and texas just dont get how much more expensive things are up hear. Especialy well maintained things with good bodies still... he told you he has been watching autotrader and hasnt found much that fits the bill.

dont know if this is going to work:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1259371588781

saw he was in maryland so I did withing 300 miles of Annapolis.... sorted low to high the first on the page is 16,900
You are 100% correct, good sir! Things up here are more expensive. I searched some listings in Flordia once and I was surprised at how different the prices were for the same cars! Also, something alot of Southerners need to realize, it's harder to find cars in excellent condition due to winter weather and SALT! Kills underbodies...

I'm abadoning this red Mustang unless they drop the price down into the 15's. I hate being so indecisive about these things, rrrrr!

I found something on Autotrader that appeals to me, and asking a good deal less...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Thats a beaut, and look at the neighborhood..

Last edited by baddog671; 11-27-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:59 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

you could always trade me the door panels for mine. I always wanted the ones with the red door vinyl. I have the black viny. heh
Old 11-27-2009, 10:12 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
You are 100% correct, good sir! Things up here are more expensive. I searched some listings in Flordia once and I was surprised at how different the prices were for the same cars! Also, something alot of Southerners need to realize, it's harder to find cars in excellent condition due to winter weather and SALT! Kills underbodies...

I'm abadoning this red Mustang unless they drop the price down into the 15's. I hate being so indecisive about these things, rrrrr!

I found something on Autotrader that appeals to me, and asking a good deal less...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Thats a beaut, and look at the neighborhood..

only says power drivers seat, so you are loosing the premium package (dual power seats, heated seats, compass in the mirror) Not important to some, but my mom has a bullitt and always complains that mine has heated seats and hers doesnt ;-)
Old 11-27-2009, 10:41 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

I haven't heard anybody mention yet the fact that you really should look at the car in person. Pics on eBay are nice but I would NEVER buy ANY vehicle sight-unseen, going by pics on the internet. hopefully you live relatively close to the person selling the car so you can go inspect it and test drive it yourself. If something doesn't look or feel right, it probably isn't. Go with your instincts.

And yes, dealerships handle the temporary tag part of the deal. You'll drive away with the tags already on the car. Usually dealerships have 30 days in which to send you a title (or memo title if the car isn't paid off). You take said title and temp. registration down to the DMV and voila! There's your official license plates and stickers. I got my title very close to the 30-day mark and worried that I wouldn't be able to drive if the tags expired. In that case, they just issue you another 30-day tag.

My 'Stang is an '08 V6 and had 20K on the odometer when I bought it. The salesman wanted to sell it to me for $20,000 but I ended up paying $15,900 after less than 30 seconds of haggling. That's pretty good for a female who walked onto that car lot with her car-clueless mom in tow!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:48 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

You can work a deal with the stearlership that is selling it. The engine bay untouched-- virgin if you will is a strange site......
Old 11-27-2009, 11:04 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

S197winstang---

I noticed you have Silverstar bulbs. How do you like them? And did you install the LED maplights yourself? Was it easy to do?

Quick Reply: Opinions on car