Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else notice this about your tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Lol at NJ drivers not knowing how to drive in inclement weather...

Come to AZ for some real idiot drivers that don't know how to drive in inclement weather. What's that? A sprinkle?? Oh shiz better slam on the brakes with 10 car lenghts in front of me and accelarate to the posted speed so slowly I may as well push the car to speed, Oh and turn signal? Sorry can't use that, I've got to keep all my fingers white knuckled to the steering wheel so I can be sure to jerk the wheel in the opposite direction that the car suddenly leaps to when I hit the imaginary pothole...

NJ can't drive..HA!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Let's face it. There are shi**y drivers all over the country. My occupation takes me to many sections of the country and they're as bad no matter where you go.

Dedicated winter tires and sand bags plus eyes in the back of your head to watch out for all the other idiots on the road. It's a shame that we have to watch out for the other idiots besides ourselves.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:15 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

guess i got the good PIRELLI'S when got mine in April, barely break loose when i go around corner in 2nd stomp to floor, little spin but more grip and fine with me, more traction means the decal on my mirror is right "objects in the mirror are losing" lol, I don't know, I seem to have no issues, 35 to 50 degree weather, rain, wet leaves, at work IO can't brag enough on this car. sorry, but after all the back and forth on size, I think going from 19's to 255/45/18 on all 4's, I like to rotate tires so not going different size front and rear. if running 245/45/19 now the 255/45/18 should give adecent sidewall.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wise_jonny
+1 agreed. I have the all season right now but from what i've read and I've heard is that Winter tires is the only way to go. They say the all season is the jack of all trades but master of none. I would be very careful if/when it snows with all season. Esp if your in NJ, the roads are horrible
One word: BLIZZAKS!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:43 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTjoe49
Joe

Do yourself a BIG favor and check e-bay and tire rack for wheels & snows. $1200 will be well spent.
What?!? I got 4 Blizzaks installed at NTB...INCLUDING an alignment, for just under $600.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:35 PM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by satur9poet
What?!? I got 4 Blizzaks installed at NTB...INCLUDING an alignment, for just under $600.
Which blizzaks? there are a few different ones in the line...and what size/profile?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTJT2010
guess i got the good PIRELLI'S when got mine in April, barely break loose when i go around corner in 2nd stomp to floor, little spin but more grip and fine with me, more traction means the decal on my mirror is right "objects in the mirror are losing" lol, I don't know, I seem to have no issues, 35 to 50 degree weather, rain, wet leaves, at work IO can't brag enough on this car. sorry, but after all the back and forth on size, I think going from 19's to 255/45/18 on all 4's, I like to rotate tires so not going different size front and rear. if running 245/45/19 now the 255/45/18 should give adecent sidewall.
Do you have traction control on? I always turn it off, and I know for a fact that if I romp on it in second going through a turn, even in the summer, my pirellis will spin all the way through. ****, I just came home and it is sprinkling out, I remembered this thread, and for the hell of it I dropped it into 3rd getting on the highway and spun the tires at 50mph. All I have done is intake, tune, full exhaust, LCA's, and 4.10's.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:40 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jocatch
I am hoping I don't have to drive my Stang in snow!

Joe
What is snow Joe?

Old 12-03-2009, 05:02 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

sure i have on, only turtn off when wanting to play
Old 12-03-2009, 11:13 AM
nemosgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
Do you have traction control on? I always turn it off, and I know for a fact that if I romp on it in second going through a turn, even in the summer, my pirellis will spin all the way through. ****, I just came home and it is sprinkling out, I remembered this thread, and for the hell of it I dropped it into 3rd getting on the highway and spun the tires at 50mph. All I have done is intake, tune, full exhaust, LCA's, and 4.10's.
One of these days you are going to enter the highway backwards looking at the traffic coming at you.
Can I suggest leaving the traction control on unless you are at the track, without appearing to be an old fuddy?

Have fun but drive carefully.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Anyone else notice this about your tires?