Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 6 Month Old, Argh...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Man, that sucks about the tow truck company. I was lucky, when my alternator kicked the bucket and I needed to tow to the dealership, AAA came out with a tow truck. After he hooked and picked up my car, before I could say something, he decided the car was too low and used extra wheels to carry my car:

Tee hee. It's almost like my baby had to be carried.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

i would have been throwing fists!

I get mad when people put their hands on my windows to checkout my interior lol but thats just me im very protective of my baby

that really sucks man im sorry you had to deal with all of this, sounds like they are getting it sorted for you tho which is good but dont settle, fight till its fixed

as for a carfax kind of thing, my dad got hit by an 18 wheeler and it crushed the left side rear quater pannel and bumper, looks good as new now and didnt even show on carfax
Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 AM
carbonsteel

Well apparently the dealer needs to send it to the body shop to replace and paint the front air dam. Sucks. I have a meeting with them in an hour. We shall see...
Old 12-08-2009, 06:48 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

it stinks that everything has happened, but it sounds like they're working to resolve the issue for you..

good luck!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:25 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by carbonsteel
Well apparently the dealer needs to send it to the body shop to replace and paint the front air dam. Sucks. I have a meeting with them in an hour. We shall see...
When they take your car in, they should give you a rental for free.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:56 PM
carbonsteel

Well, day six at the dealer now, of the second visit, so I guess this is technically day 10...

The dealer now claims the main fuse panel needs to be replaced, which requires both keys. So I need to bring in my second set of keys Monday morning for work to proceed.

Then it is supposed to go to the body shop.

Ford Roadside assistance is still trying to figure out an insurance claim. I am not having much luck... I am going to escalate and raise my tone with the GM Monday morning.

Not fun.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:08 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I need to know one thing first- did you mod the car in any way before this happened? I hope not.

But the bad news is that Ford is not able to repair their own cars that break down like this. They really are totally in the dark when it comes to repairing any sophisticated part. The Ford techs took 6 weeks before they realized they couldn't fix my 2005's 3-valve engine's fuel injection and ended up giving me a whole new engine. This on a car with about 3,000 miles.

Your car will probably never get fixed to where it is 100% and, to make things worse, they will continue to screw up other things. What do you think will happen when you get it back? It will most likely break again or something else will fail.
I went through this and I will tell you what you HAVE to do.
Document everything, demand a free rental car while yours is in the shop, and wait until 30 days of no car. Then use the Lemon Law to either have them buy back your car or get you a new, problem-free Mustang.
If you keep the car even with freebies from the dealership, like free service for life, free extended warranty, etc. it will never be right.

I would be willing to bet that when you go to the body shop to pick up your car there will be overspray, dents, new broken parts, or dirty hand marks over your new interior.
Bail out asap, is the best advice I can give. There are hundreds of thousands of new Mustangs each year, so don't get too attached to that one, like I did mine.

Good luck, but be prepared for bad luck. This isn't BMW selling these cars!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:05 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

sorry this happened to you.......get aggressive and pursue this,imo
j
Old 12-13-2009, 10:27 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your ordeal and hope it all works out for you. I would of been so po'd at the tow driver. Sometimes you just gotta wonder..

When I got my mustang back from Ford to have the locks replaced.. it stunk like hell inside for about a week. Who ever worked on it must of decided not to shower.

Last edited by alkemist; 12-13-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:29 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by n618ft
How many more "repairs" till you can lemon the car?
My thoughts exactly. Keep all of your records for the "no-start" condition, and check your local Lemon Law specifics. I think in my area it was 5 repair attempts, and then you had to send a letter to Ford saying you were giving them one more time to fix it right within a certain time period, and if they couldn't get it right, time for a new car.

I feel for you; there's nothing worse than standing by helplessly as damage is being done to something you own. Hopefully the towing company and/or Ford will do the right thing and get you fixed up.

Quick Reply: My 6 Month Old, Argh...