Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 6 Month Old, Argh...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 09:02 AM
carbonsteel

Well, my New Year's with Ford isn't turning out to be any better than 2009 was with them. I received a call from the dealer this morning and they said the car is still at the body shop (has been for the past two weeks) and they hope they will get it back Monday. Today makes 30 days, which is the base duration for the Lemon Law in Virginia.

I have been going back and forth the past few weeks with Ford Motor Company and the Dealer. I have not recieved a call back from the GM or Owner in three weeks. I heard back from the Service Manager and he said I would have my car back this past Wednesday--wrong again. He also said I should file my car under the lemon law because the electric issue was apparently a known problem with Ford and he isn't really sure they fixed it.

Last week I filed for an Auto Buy-Back from Ford and submitted a request for the BBB (Better Business Bureau) Auto-Line program, which is the precursor to the Lemon Law dispute--apparently it is dispute resolution without the legal issues. Ford was supposed to call me between 10-12 last Thursday before they closed for New Year's to finalize the buy-back dispute but they failed to respond. I left messages for all of the staff I have talked to at Ford and have not received a response.

Honestly, my experience with Ford and Kip Killmon's Tyson's Ford has been a miserable experience. I read a Car and Driver review of the 2010 Mustang that rated it higher than the BMW 3-series... The car sure isn't and the service definitely isn't. If I don't get resolution from them Monday, the only option seems to be making it a real legal dispute... Thoughts?
Old 01-02-2010, 09:22 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

well this leaves you a free out of the 2010 that is about to have a huge drop in value anyway. IMO, count your blessings and double down on a 2011 with the 5.0

If the dealer itself has been good to you, go back to them and use the whole ordeal to work for a better price. If the dealer wasnt so hot, like I said, you have a free out, something most dont get.

I know its hard to swallow, but sometimes crap happens. Most the 2010s are not going through crap like this, so I say you just got really unlucky with your car... Maybe it was "built on a Friday."

Eitherway, I hope you have a better experience with what you end up with, saying crap happens is one thing, but I know when it happens to you its a little more bitter and hard to swallow. Again, good luck!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:27 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

A Mustang shouldn't be compared to the BMW, that's like comparing Apples to Oranges.

I wouldn't say all Ford Dealerships are bad, but I will say too many make a bad name for the rest.
Down here I pass by 3 Ford Dealerships to get to Beach Ford in Virginia Beach. They are stellar when it comes to satisfying their customers. They've always gone above and beyond to make me happy.
I hope you hear from Ford soon.

I do agree with JD, get your money back and put down on a 2011.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:36 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Not to make any excuses, but we are during in the Holiday season, which should be passing very shortly. People are short of staff or not in the mood to work. I know, as a customer that gives us plenty of grief. My car has been at the body shop close to a month now and they just started working on it earlier this week. I would try contacting Ford again. They can be a little slow. I'm sure they got themselves backed up as well. I would get rid of that lemon though, just try to give it a little more time.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:47 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
A Mustang shouldn't be compared to the BMW, that's like comparing Apples to Oranges.
I agree, the Mustang is a much better car.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:27 AM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

My bet would be on a wiring issue. In any case you are doing the right thing by pursuing a buy back. Ford will want to avoid a lemon law buy back. It brands the title. You are in the drivers seat. Stand firm and accept nothing less than what you paid plus your sales tax. More than likely they will try to lowball you with things like wear and tear, the value of time of use, etc. Be prepared to come back with inconvience factor for waiting around, dealing with a tow company, stress, etc. No matter what they try to convince you of you are in control of the situation. Your state has a lemon law, your car qualifies for it and you have an attorney general who should back you up if needed. Stay confident throughout this process.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:05 PM
09blkgtcal
2nd Gear Member

lol i dont think hes going to want a mustang after this. My side skirt started peeling in the front, so ford repainted it less than a month goes by the paints chipping
Old 01-02-2010, 12:09 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

You don't take your car to dealers for bodywork.
Almost all of them suck...
Old 01-02-2010, 12:21 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I would have been taking video and pics out the **** as it was happening.
You are getting screwed like almost every other American out there.

Ford prints a towing guide for the Mustang.
I have one in my glovebox to instruct the
tow driver as to the proper way to tow a
2007 Ford Mustang. Got it off eBay for a buck.
It includes the GT500 as well for lowered GT and V6es.

Last edited by 157dB; 01-02-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
I would have been taking video and pics out the **** as it was happening.
You are getting screwed like almost every other American out there.

Ford prints a towing guide for the Mustang.
I have one in my glovebox to instruct the
tow driver as to the proper way to tow a
2007 Ford Mustang. Got it off eBay for a buck.
It includes the GT500 as well for lowered GT and V6es.
didn't know there was such a thing, will ya share it with us ? Maybe we could all chip in .10 cents apiece and cover the cost ?

Quick Reply: My 6 Month Old, Argh...