Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which take-off brake set should I look for to fit my '07 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NavyStanger
Looks great, I think I'm definitely going with those now

after winter, of course
This place has the best deal... only $190/wheel http://www.buywheelstoday.com/produc...ned+Lip%29.bwt

Where you at in IL?? If you are "north", you could see mine in person before making your decision as I am just east of Lake Geneva.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Super D
1st Gear Member

Been searching for take-off brakes from GT500, no luck in SoCal yet, anyone have any good tips for finding them? Maybe shops that do the upgrades that get the take-offs?

Thank you,
Dave
Old 12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Like I said in my earlier post, you can find them on the team shelby forums. This guy wants a little to much, but they are always coming up on their for sale section. Those guys are always upgrading their brakes.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/ind...o-brake-setup/
Old 12-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Super D
1st Gear Member

^^ Thanks, been checking.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:17 AM
Super D
1st Gear Member

If prices were equal, what would you get, the 14" 4-piston Brembo GT500 kit or the Saleen kit made by Stoptech...and why?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Super D
1st Gear Member

Got a set of GT500/brembo take-offs for the front.

Now a question...has anyone upgraded the fronts w/14's like this and then taken the stockers from the front and adapted brackets for use on the rear? I know nearly everyone just upgrades the fronts, but I'm curious about this just in case it maintains better balance front-to-rear. Seems odd to just upgrade the fronts and leave the rears alone. I already have a rotor and pad upgrade on the rear, so it's probably fine, but just curious about this anyway.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:01 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

When I got my Brembo fronts, I also upgraded with ss lines, hawk pads, and DBA rotors all around. They are very well balanced as is. Most all of your braking comes from the front anyhow. Post some pics when you're done.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Kipp07GT

Anything the same size as the stock rotors that are better? Mine are warped really bad and I cant run bigger than stock since I run 15 inch rims at the track and big ones wont fit over the rims. Im looking for ones that will hold up without warping and will perform better than these junk *** stockers.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Super D
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by americaniron
When I got my Brembo fronts, I also upgraded with ss lines, hawk pads, and DBA rotors all around. They are very well balanced as is. Most all of your braking comes from the front anyhow. Post some pics when you're done.
Got hawk pads and upgraded rotors in the rear already, will do SS lines throughout. Best place you'd recommend buying them?

Also, has anyone video'd their brake swap/installation? I'll wing it with a friend, but it's always nice to get a preview in case there's anything in particular that needs special attention.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Super D
1st Gear Member

Can't seem to find my chip reader for my camera, but I took pics after the installation tonight. Will post pics soon.

Ended up using the stock lines, the GT500 lines were too short. I wasn't expecting that.

Anyway, after bleeding the brakes, went for a test run. Very nice improvement!

I'll do SS lines next. But for now, after doing a good bleed, the pedal feel is much firmer than before, so I'm pretty happy right off the bat.

Quick Reply: Which take-off brake set should I look for to fit my '07 GT?