Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear ended!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 03:17 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

Default Rear ended!!!

Hello Everyone,

On Wednesday my car was rear ended while sitting at a stop light. The damage is to the left rear portion of the car. Not only did it get the quarter panel and bumper, I believe it got the internal shell and rear suspension. It is currently sitting at my local Ford dealer awaiting the insurance company to come look at it. What do you guys think I am looking at in terms of repair costs? I am hoping it is repairable as I had plans for the car but I am not sure. What do you guys think?

http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/gtcs07_photos/ (before)

http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/gtcs07_photos/ (after)
Old 12-13-2009, 03:22 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Oh man that sucks! And here I am bitchin and moanin about a little door ding I found yesterday on my fender. LOL
I can't answer your question about the repairs since I'm no expert in the field but I wish you the best of luck in getting it repaired.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:22 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Dude, that looks terrible!! I hope you get everything worked out bro..
Old 12-13-2009, 03:24 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

First of all sorry to hear about the crash, it's always a hassle to have to deal with that... in regards to the damage, it certainly looks repairable for the most part. However the damage around the 1/4 window looks a little intimidating. I'm sure they'll be able to fix it all though.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:28 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear bro. Must be that time of year for our ponies Did the driver that rear ended you have insurance? If so, you shouldn't have to worry about costs since the other driver is at fault. Were there weather conditions or did the driver just spaz out?

I have to get my quarter panel replaced too though it looks like yours is going up into the roof structure. If you got the bucks, this is the time to think about modding your rear end. I took mine to a body shop of my choice. The Ford stealership may possibly send it out to whom ever they contract with.. might want to do some research there and make sure you get a good shop.

BTW Steve O Chap, Eject button FTW!!!

Last edited by alkemist; 12-13-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:35 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

It still gets me mad looking at the photos. Weather had nothing to do with it. It was a young dumb girl blabbing away on her cell phone not paying attention. I won't have to worry about the costs as she did have insurance. The car that hit me was in worse condition as the girl that hit him was from what the police said traveling at an estimated 50-55mph. He tried to swerve and miss her which in turn only caused him to catch the right rear of the vehicle when he was hit. My wife was actually the one in the accident. I was at home sleeping. I just get to deal with the aftermath.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:42 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

Since I am new to SC I took it to the local Ford Dealership which has a collision center. It is where I bought my last 2 cars. They have been good to me so I am not worried about getting ripped as they know I will be all over them if I am not satisfied. Not to mention it is literally a block away so I can be there at any time.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:43 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gt/cs07
It still gets me mad looking at the photos. Weather had nothing to do with it. It was a young dumb girl blabbing away on her cell phone not paying attention.
Oh man, I would have gone ape $hit right in the middle of the road. It's very painful to see stangs beat up like that. Took me about a week to come to terms with my accident and I still cringe when I see my photos.

People should not blab on the phone while driving!! I feel you man, best of luck and hope you get your pony back on the road soon.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:49 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, sorry to hear about your stang as well. Well I am glad I didn't place my order for my mods yet. I would have really been mad. It would be like when I was a kid and I got a new remote control car for christmas but nobody thought about batteries.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:27 PM
EpicTrifecta

Oh man, Isn't it if the damage cost outweighs the price of the vehicle the car is totaled. but only the insurance adjuster can give you the proper answer.

Quick Reply: Rear ended!!!