Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short Review of Brenspeed tune for 2010 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 06:32 PM
JaggedEdge
1st Gear Member

Ok, I've read the whole thread and I been given the impression that after paying 300-400 dollars for the tune no one is sure the car is any quicker. All anybody had is a vague seat of the pants possibility of improvement.

Wow! Brenspeed should go back to the drawing board if no one can be sure of an improvement. This is disappointing, I was hoping that a tune would bring my GT to life. In the past, a tune made a very noticeable difference.
JE

Last edited by JaggedEdge; 01-01-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:49 PM
def67
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JaggedEdge
Ok, I've read the whole thread and I been given the impression that after paying 300-400 dollars for the tune no one is sure the car is any quicker. All anybody had is a vague seat of the pants possibility of improvement.

Wow! Brenspeed should go back to the drawing board if no one can be sure of an improvement. This is disappointing, I was hoping that a tune would bring my GT to life. In the past, a tune made a very noticeable difference.
JE
I think, from what I've read so far, that the tune gives you the tourque sooner, less pedal input. For me I dont know if thats what I want. Barely hit the gas and it wants to spin?
I dont know personally, I would rather have to go to the floor for the power, so its easier to just cruise. Especially since my car will eventually see snow i'm sure.

It does give more on the Dino power though I do believe

Last edited by def67; 01-01-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: adding stuff
Old 01-27-2010, 04:22 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Update -

I have now run the Brenspeed 87, 89 and 91 tune in my 2010 Mustang and compared to the stock Ford tune for several weeks. The observations I have made earlier in this thread and now are all from seat of the pants street driving. I have not dyno'd or ran on a track.

Since I have already provided my impressions of the 91 tune earlier, now I am providing my impressions of the 87 and 89.

Both the 87 and 89 have a quicker throttle response than stock. The 89 tune is actually pretty nice for throttle response. It is quicker throttle than stock but not overly sensitive. The 87 and 89 are both more linear than the 91 tune for throttle. However, the performance of both the 87 and 89 tune are below stock on upper speeds. I think the 89 feels quicker to 60 mph than stock. The 89 feels more torquey off of the line. BUT at freeway speeds both of these tunes are dogs. If you run 3rd gear full throttle from 80 to 110 mph the stock tune is far punchier and faster. The engine feels strained somehow with the 89 or 87 tune at these higher speeds.

So far - Stock tune is best. At least on my car.

Anyone interested in buying the tuner - obviously you would have to load your own tune files, but I cannot see why I would keep the tuner itself since stock is best for now......
Old 01-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Crazy Stallion
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the update FastDEW - certainly some interesting observations.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:06 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I am still debating on getting or not getting a tuner and tunes......
Old 01-27-2010, 07:58 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

double post!!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:59 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I am still debating on getting or not getting a tuner and tunes......
Get one, I'm getting better gas mileage and more power from my brenspeed tune....cant wait to get my dynotech drive shaft....wooot!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:31 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
Get one, I'm getting better gas mileage and more power from my brenspeed tune....cant wait to get my dynotech drive shaft....wooot!!!
What is your processor code? We should compare....

Also, what tunes did you have done? What octane? Rear O2's on or off? anything else?

My processor code is JVE3

My top tune was 91 octane (cannot get more in CA) and rear O2's left on.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:26 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
What is your processor code? We should compare....
This is an interesting item to consider. Though I've never read of previous model year vehicles being processor version sensitive to an installed tune. Could've missed this feedback though -- with the vast amount of posts out there on this subject.

The butt dyno is such a subjective measure; maybe you're looking for responses in your tune that others aren't?

With tuner in hand, I have no tune installed. Yet.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:01 AM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

Well I got to say I am not happy with my 91 tune (cali). My idle is wack, Car will almost stall sometimes. Pings at high rpms, and it has flat spots. To get rid of the pinging brenspeed told me to retard timing, which I did by 4 degrees. STILL PINGS! I am going to do it the right way, dyno tune FTW. But I got to say car feels alot nice than stock, I just hate the idle and pinging.

Quick Reply: Short Review of Brenspeed tune for 2010 GT