Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk release button

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Trunk release button

Best place to get trunk release button, or should I just buy the kit?
Old 01-02-2010, 01:40 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

They were just discussing this a few days ago. You can also do a search on this forum for Trunk Release Button and I'm sure you will find more on the subject;

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...se-button.html
Old 01-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

AM sells a kit but you can do it all yourself with a few parts. Here's a good link: http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/TrunkRelease.htm

I really suggest you use the search feature in the future. You'd have seen these links and more. Search is your friend...
Old 01-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Goldenpony has been around for years longer than both of you... I'm pretty sure he knows how the forum works. Don't tell people to use the search feature because you think it's the cool thing to say. He was asking for opinions not links. He knows he can do it himself, he's seen the write-ups. He wanted to know from people's experience whether or not it was worth it to get the kit, or visa versa
Old 01-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Burnsy
Goldenpony has been around for years longer than both of you... I'm pretty sure he knows how the forum works. Don't tell people to use the search feature because you think it's the cool thing to say. He was asking for opinions not links. He knows he can do it himself, he's seen the write-ups. He wanted to know from people's experience whether or not it was worth it to get the kit, or visa versa

Thanks Burnsy, I owe you one.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:51 PM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Burnsy
Calm down there buddy. He would of found a lot of info using the search feature.

I used the BBR (Blow By Racing) kit. Install was simple and it came out very clean. I'm happy with it.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

It wasn't until after I blew thru the thread and made my post that I realized who the OP was. I made the 2nd mistake of not editing my post. My apologies, goldenpony. Didn't mean to treat you like a noob...
Old 01-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
It wasn't until after I blew thru the thread and made my post that I realized who the OP was. I made the 2nd mistake of not editing my post. My apologies, goldenpony. Didn't mean to treat you like a noob...
No problem Nuke. No harm, no foul.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Casey4s
2nd Gear Member

I just sourced my own parts and installed mine a few months ago in my glove box panel. The Ford part number for the button is: D3AY-19C542-A there is only a few small parts besides the button to do the install. About $15 worth of parts all together.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Casey4s
I just sourced my own parts and installed mine a few months ago in my glove box panel. The Ford part number for the button is: D3AY-19C542-A there is only a few small parts besides the button to do the install. About $15 worth of parts all together.

Yea. I pretty much have everything I need except the button. I would like to use a Ford type button rather than something from the Shack. From what I have found (I did use the Search) Just buying the button is almost as much, with shipping, as just getting the kit from SHR. I'll probably go that way.
I think I'll locate my button in the console like BBR does.

Quick Reply: Trunk release button