Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08-09 GT differences?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KoolerSL2
and changed the intake manifold so the damn CMP's are integrated.
if the low miles are close save the 5k and get the 08.
Huh? The charge motion butterflies are part of the intake on 09's? You can't remove/disable them?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by goose5
I've got that carbon fiberish dash in my 08
I have the CF looking dash on my 07. I think its part of the IUP (interior upgrade package). All my mustang owner friends are jealous of the dash haha.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:28 PM
HeadonaStick
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
I have the CF looking dash on my 07. I think its part of the IUP (interior upgrade package). All my mustang owner friends are jealous of the dash haha.

I think it makes the interior look totally different. Not so plastic-y. Worth the upgrade price IMO.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Formula
2nd Gear Member

I think the cf dash is well worth it too. Even though I don't know how much I paid for it.

I bought my 09 new after the 10s came out and ended up getting $7k off sticker (sticker was 34, paid 27)
Old 01-10-2010, 10:18 AM
mcate
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Formula

I think the cf dash is well worth it too. Even though I don't know how much I paid for it.

I bought my 09 new after the 10s came out and ended up getting $7k off sticker (sticker was 34, paid 27)
I just looked on my sticker, & it says "charcoal aluminum panel" with no price listed.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:34 AM
HeadonaStick
1st Gear Member

I don't know if you can order the dash separately, but it is listed as part of the Interior Upgrade package. I believe it is listed as a separate item is because you had a choice of finishes when you ordered.

Last edited by HeadonaStick; 01-10-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I've seen the brushed aluminum panels but fell in love when I saw this one in the car I purchased. $460 though? wow. I paid around that sticker for my car, just over $27k, also have the active anti-theft system which I haven't seen the need to upgrade. It worked flawlessly when my window was smashed for a radar detector. The garage guy saw the theif and got his plate number. No alarm system is going to protect you better in a smash and grab so I haven't seen the need to upgrade. A break-in indicator key-fob would be nice, but not worth the cost of a new alarm system..at least not to me.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:53 AM
HeadonaStick
1st Gear Member

I've seen the brushed aluminum panels but fell in love when I saw this one in the car I purchased. $460 though? wow. I paid around that sticker for my car, just over $27k, also have the active anti-theft system which I haven't seen the need to upgrade. It worked flawlessly when my window was smashed for a radar detector. The garage guy saw the theif and got his plate number. No alarm system is going to protect you better in a smash and grab so I haven't seen the need to upgrade. A break-in indicator key-fob would be nice, but not worth the cost of a new alarm system..at least not to me.
The package includes other items and I believe the trim is actual metal, not plastic colored to look like metal.

Interior Upgrade Package - $460
Bright polished instrument cluster; My Color feature; Luxury trim alloy & leather on gearknob and alloy look on dashboard; Satin register vents; Satin aluminum steering wheel spokes; Satin trim; Message center; Computer with average speed, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption and range for remaining fuel; Leather covered steering wheel; Oil pressure; Dark Aberdeen pattern door panel inserts; Requires: [67L] Satin Aluminum Instrument Panel; Or [67D] Charcoal Instrument Panel
Old 01-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Ah, I have the one shown in the pic above which must be the 67D charcoal panel. To the OP, I would save your money and go with a 2007/8 unless you just want HID headlights. And those can be upgraded for much less. The 2005-06 didn't have the chassis upgrades/bracing the 07's and later have to accomodate the heavier GT500 drivetrain etc so I'd go with at least an 07' to get the heavier duty chassis. They're also slightly heavier so you have to account for that. Not much heavier but a bit heavier...so if you ever wanted to slip an iron block 5.4L in your car it would be ready for it .
Old 01-10-2010, 12:17 PM
KoolerSL2
1st Gear Member

Huh? The charge motion butterflies are part of the intake on 09's? You can't remove/disable them?
yes the CMP are made into the intake on the 09's.
they make a plug kit to remove them but i dont trust it.

Quick Reply: 08-09 GT differences?