Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08-09 GT differences?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 02:17 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HeadonaStick
The package includes other items and I believe the trim is actual metal, not plastic colored to look like metal.

Interior Upgrade Package - $460
Bright polished instrument cluster; My Color feature; Luxury trim alloy & leather on gearknob and alloy look on dashboard; Satin register vents; Satin aluminum steering wheel spokes; Satin trim; Message center; Computer with average speed, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption and range for remaining fuel; Leather covered steering wheel; Oil pressure; Dark Aberdeen pattern door panel inserts; Requires: [67L] Satin Aluminum Instrument Panel; Or [67D] Charcoal Instrument Panel
Interior upgrade package is well worth it IMO. Makes the interior much more pleasing aside from the other goodies. I have the Satin Aluminum, but the Charcoal looks great too.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:50 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
I've seen the brushed aluminum panels but fell in love when I saw this one in the car I purchased. $460 though? wow. I paid around that sticker for my car, just over $27k, also have the active anti-theft system which I haven't seen the need to upgrade. It worked flawlessly when my window was smashed for a radar detector. The garage guy saw the theif and got his plate number. No alarm system is going to protect you better in a smash and grab so I haven't seen the need to upgrade. A break-in indicator key-fob would be nice, but not worth the cost of a new alarm system..at least not to me.
Not to mention the butchering you have to do to your wiring to hook it all up and the spaghetti mess of wiring that it adds to your vehicle just for a few extras.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:20 AM
mmarsh3014
1st Gear Member

Going back to the time frames of when you guys bought the cars... I got mine in June, and my dealer had 4 2010 GT's on the lot at the same time. The amount of rebates and incentives were the biggest reason I went with the 09 vs 2010. Still a brand new stang with 4 miles on her when I picked it up. I would have financed about 8K more had I gone with the 2010 that I would have picked from the 4 available at the time. I'm very glad I went with the 09, I just wish we had the same options available for the rear gears that come with the newer ones... But def not something to lose sleep over
Old 01-11-2010, 01:49 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

^^ I got mine in May and got the $3000 rebate. Was happy to get it and didn't want to take the chance of waiting any longer for three reasons 1- Didn't want to take a chance on the rebates disappearing or getting smaller, 2- Really, Really wanted a Candy Apple Red and there were only Two within 100 miles of me, 3- Fear of the unknown. Didn't want to be the old adage "You snooze, you loose". If it hadn't mattered to me which one I got, I could have waited, but I had a specific car in mind and would have simply missed out if I had waited longer because these were not being built any more, so my choices were limited. My second choice was the Kona Blue, but Candy Apple beats that one hands down. (IMO)
Old 01-11-2010, 03:59 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
^^ I got mine in May and got the $3000 rebate. Was happy to get it and didn't want to take the chance of waiting any longer for three reasons 1- Didn't want to take a chance on the rebates disappearing or getting smaller, 2- Really, Really wanted a Candy Apple Red and there were only Two within 100 miles of me, 3- Fear of the unknown. Didn't want to be the old adage "You snooze, you loose". If it hadn't mattered to me which one I got, I could have waited, but I had a specific car in mind and would have simply missed out if I had waited longer because these were not being built any more, so my choices were limited. My second choice was the Kona Blue, but Candy Apple beats that one hands down. (IMO)
+1^^

I am the type of person to usually pay a little more to get exactly what I want too. The whole time I was looking at '09, I was afraid the rebates would disappear, LOL. Too bad it didn't work out for me though. Everyone here wanted a freaking automatic. There was a dealership here that even bought automatic mustangs off another dealership in Florida. They all had glass roofs and I didn't necessarily want to pay the money for one. Plus they were playing real hard ball and came to no deal.

I wonder if the OP even reads this thread
Old 01-11-2010, 06:30 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
+1^^

I am the type of person to usually pay a little more to get exactly what I want too. The whole time I was looking at '09, I was afraid the rebates would disappear, LOL. Too bad it didn't work out for me though. Everyone here wanted a freaking automatic. There was a dealership here that even bought automatic mustangs off another dealership in Florida. They all had glass roofs and I didn't necessarily want to pay the money for one. Plus they were playing real hard ball and came to no deal.

I wonder if the OP even reads this thread
Even if the OP hasn't read the thread, the rest of us are having a nice conversation.

I know what you mean about the dealers playing hardball. This is why I only buy a car every 12 to 17 years. I can't stand the BS that goes into buying a car. In the middle of a great depression, and companies going bankrupt, I too was getting crappy attitudes. I was almost ready to give up. I did a lot of searches on the web and called a lot of dealers and got some bad responses. One dealer had a Red pony pkg which was fine, but he had some expensive rims and wouldn't remove them. Another dealer in East L.A gave me the worst response. Some stupid Mexican (no offense to anyone, just clarifying what he was so you can picture it) gives me the dumbest response of all. He tells me he has the car that I want in stock, so I ask what kind of negotiation would they be willing to do and he barks back over the phone to me in his broken English "That is the price, take it or leave it!" So I left it. BTW that was the sales manager I spoke to. Maybe some dumbass illegal might take that, but I sure wouldn't.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
Even if the OP hasn't read the thread, the rest of us are having a nice conversation.

I know what you mean about the dealers playing hardball. This is why I only buy a car every 12 to 17 years. I can't stand the BS that goes into buying a car. In the middle of a great depression, and companies going bankrupt, I too was getting crappy attitudes. I was almost ready to give up. I did a lot of searches on the web and called a lot of dealers and got some bad responses. One dealer had a Red pony pkg which was fine, but he had some expensive rims and wouldn't remove them. Another dealer in East L.A gave me the worst response. Some stupid Mexican (no offense to anyone, just clarifying what he was so you can picture it) gives me the dumbest response of all. He tells me he has the car that I want in stock, so I ask what kind of negotiation would they be willing to do and he barks back over the phone to me in his broken English "That is the price, take it or leave it!" So I left it. BTW that was the sales manager I spoke to. Maybe some dumbass illegal might take that, but I sure wouldn't.
Yup, it's all cool. I love having conversations and knowledge sharing with ya'll
I seen one of the OP's threads get moved to OT so was just wondering what happened to him after that experience.. it was rather.. brutal lol.

That sounds like a terrible experience, and gives Ford a bad name through their representation. I had called multiple dealerships and they were like, oh yeah, we have your car, come take a look. I get there after some drives and they got nothing to show for it. I just leave really annoyed. I hate playing games with them, especially when they see a woman walk in and think it's easy to pull the wool over our eyes. LOL, one place I walked into, they asked me if I needed help, then they asked me if I was here to see the Fusion.... I said no, I'm looking for a Mustang GT, lol, the guy just gawked at me