Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DynoMax Cat-Back

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 11:06 PM
NOTSTOCK

Default DynoMax Cat-Back

Hey guys,

I just got my new mustang a month ago. I've been reading all of your posts to educate myself and I finally pulled the trigger on my first mods. I changed my oil at 1000 miles with Mobil 1 and the car runs smooth. Then...it began...

I started easy with some window tint, then jacked up the car and put on the new DynoMax cat back system. The system was easy to replace, but I just took my time to learn the car and do it right. I bought the system from summit for 500 to my door in three days(saturday delivery included). The fit was good, the sound is awesome, and the price was right. I read some posts about drone. The baffles (I don't think they resemble mufflers at all) are not under the seats and are in the back, and they keep the sound where it belongs. It's pretty quiet with the windows up, windows down and you can hear it. I've got a couple neighbors with older hot rods that say it sounds like a real muscle car. Dynomax claims it gets 21 HP increase. I plan to dyno in a few weeks to see. It sure does feel more responsive, though. They also have a performance guarantee for 90 days...no questions asked. They'll refund up to 50 for install fees too. I took some pics and video that I will get posted soon. This is my first post so I'll get that figured out this week.

I plan to drop in a JLT CAI and tune also within the next few weeks. Also looking at some springs and struts from sam strano. I enjoy reading the posts and will keep you all informed on my progress. What are your questions???

Dave
Old 01-13-2010, 10:46 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Hey NOTSTOCK it sounds like you are making the right choices when it comes to new parts for your GT, Just to let you know if your not after looks the 10 GT already has an upgraded air intake that flows pretty well I believe 800 CFM. But The Tune is where you will pick up your ponies you will feel! The air intake might be good for about 3-4HP due to the bends. But I would say throw a set of 3:73 gears in there if you have the 3:31's. Hook a set of Long Tube Headers to the dyno max exhaust Long tubes are one of your best bang for the buck mods you can do besides gears! Get some good tunes I got mine from Brenspeed and Love them especially where I have an automatic completley mapped out all of shift points! UM OH YEA CAMS!!! I want to see more GT's on here with Cams and see some Dyno Graphs! lol
Old 01-13-2010, 02:17 PM
NOTSTOCK

Originally Posted by GrayGhost01GT
Hey NOTSTOCK it sounds like you are making the right choices when it comes to new parts for your GT, Just to let you know if your not after looks the 10 GT already has an upgraded air intake that flows pretty well I believe 800 CFM. But The Tune is where you will pick up your ponies you will feel! The air intake might be good for about 3-4HP due to the bends. But I would say throw a set of 3:73 gears in there if you have the 3:31's. Hook a set of Long Tube Headers to the dyno max exhaust Long tubes are one of your best bang for the buck mods you can do besides gears! Get some good tunes I got mine from Brenspeed and Love them especially where I have an automatic completley mapped out all of shift points! UM OH YEA CAMS!!! I want to see more GT's on here with Cams and see some Dyno Graphs! lol
I forgot to include the gears in my sig, I do have the 3.73s. I have been researching the breenspeed tunes as well. What kind of response did you get with it? Do the headers lose low end torque?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:29 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

welcome, where in va are you at? you should post up pics of the new exhaust. ive never heard one on before. and the tune is a great idea.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 AM
NOTSTOCK

Default New Pics

Here are a couple pics of the new exhaust. I'm working on the video, but it's a large file and I'm trying to make it smaller.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:00 PM
wusthof
2nd Gear Member

I totally forgot about Dynomax.............very good company. You have the race bullit cat back eh? Soundclip for sure - curious how they sound compared to the Magnapacks
Old 01-28-2010, 10:27 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Nice pics, and great color!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

with this logic, i bet the dynomax summit or jegs orders are like 50 bucks and would make an excellent replacent for a homemade mm system. again, good post, another forgotten exhaust sometimes, same with SSS stainless
Old 03-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Chromestang67
1st Gear Member

Just the weight loss alone was worth the dynomax muffler upgrade. The stock mufflers are heavy but built to last.

Since the 2010 Gt comes with the factory CAI, I would just recommend a drop in filter (should be good for 3 hp). Most of the cold air intakes just change the panel filter to a conical one that only gain a max of 7 hp.

Honestly I would just buy a ZEX nitrous kit 75hp and forget all the cold air intakes, gears, headers, and tunes. for $600 you will not get the amount of horsepower/torque the nitrous gives the 4.6L (just like driving a big block), upgrade the plugs and fuel pressure you can step up to a 100hp shot.

I went with axlebacks, Jlt intake, and a tune and only got 22hp for $800!

**If I could do it all over again being the cheapo I am I would have got the Zex 75hp kit and partically smoke anything on the road.

Or if you got $5K get a supercharger or $6K for a turbo.