Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please HELP! Asap!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 04:56 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by omarV6
i jsut called a locksmith and he says that they charge an average of 180 dollars to drill a hole in the trunk lock....is there any alternatives? can it really be done the right way?
Try another locksmith. my cousin used to be a locksmith, since he was licensed he had a set of lock picks that he coudl use to open just about any lock that needed it. /maybe a different locksmith will have another idea. FWIW, if you have another ford remote aroudn from a friend you can eaisly program the keyfob to open your trunk, then reprogram the other one back to the persons car you borrowed it from. All you need is another ford of the same year, i think they all used the same hardware. soemoen correct me if i am wrong. programming the fob takes all of 5 min.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:58 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
So you have the old fob and it just doesn't work?
Not sure if I misunderstood the statement, but have you tried changing the battery on the old fob?
lol, no i bought the car at a dealership auction and the remote came broken, with a missing button...so it was pretty useless...i used to use a little paperclip to activate it until i gave up and bought a new one..lol...

as for the trunk issue, there is a locksmith on his way now...he wants to charge me 95$...here where i live the average is 150$

so im gunna havta deal with that
Old 01-23-2010, 04:59 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Try another locksmith. my cousin used to be a locksmith, since he was licensed he had a set of lock picks that he coudl use to open just about any lock that needed it. /maybe a different locksmith will have another idea. FWIW, if you have another ford remote aroudn from a friend you can eaisly program the keyfob to open your trunk, then reprogram the other one back to the persons car you borrowed it from. All you need is another ford of the same year, i think they all used the same hardware. soemoen correct me if i am wrong. programming the fob takes all of 5 min.
my friend just came over, he has a 2008 gt...it didnt work and both of us dont know how to reprogram those things :/
Old 01-23-2010, 05:00 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

FWIW, if you have another ford remote aroudn from a friend you can eaisly program the keyfob to open your trunk, then reprogram the other one back to the persons car you borrowed it from. All you need is another ford of the same year, i think they all used the same hardware. soemoen correct me if i am wrong. programming the fob takes all of 5 min.
You need to have the key in order to complete this process. It includes plugging the key into the ignition and turning it a set amount of times and button mashing and is very easy. You just need a Ford fob with the same FCC frequency. Good idea though.

EDIT: The instructions is in the OM, and you can do a search for it online if you don't have it bookmarked.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:06 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by omarV6
my friend just came over, he has a 2008 gt...it didnt work and both of us dont know how to reprogram those things :/
Yeah they changed the electronics after 2007 I think, it won't work. i have a vert too and when the top is up that black liner behind the seat where the top sits when down is removable. I am not sure if its open though from that point. i honestly cant recall when you have the rear seat backs out of the car if it's open back there. you might chek, the bottom seets are held in by clips under the front edge and the back only have two bolts holding them in you will see once teh bottoms are out.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:08 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i just looked, take the rear seats out of the car. on each side of the bulkhead behind the seats are openings about 8-inch across. you wont be able to crawl in by a metal coat hanger and a few minutes work and you will be golden.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:15 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

i just looked, take the rear seats out of the car. on each side of the bulkhead behind the seats are openings about 8-inch across. you wont be able to crawl in by a metal coat hanger and a few minutes work and you will be golden.
we checked, but i guess we overlooked that, its sorta too late now..the locksmith is already doin his job..lol..i guess my next mod is a key! booooo
Old 01-23-2010, 05:15 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Yep, remove your back seats to gain access to the tunk. I fellow club member locked her keys in the tunk of her GT500 vert with the top down at a show. We had tools so we removed her rear seats and were able to get to the keys. Its some work but it will save you the cost of the locksmith.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:20 PM
omarV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Yep, remove your back seats to gain access to the tunk. I fellow club member locked her keys in the tunk of her GT500 vert with the top down at a show. We had tools so we removed her rear seats and were able to get to the keys. Its some work but it will save you the cost of the locksmith.
thanks...i will consider the trunk release button next as well lol
Old 01-23-2010, 06:16 PM
bm2088hp
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about that dude. Deff get a second key... I think your sister should pay for the locksmith lol.

Quick Reply: Please HELP! Asap!